Live from NCL Encore 12/26

favoritevacation

Any questions? I will do my best to answer. Masks required. Not enforced. 85% of people wearing them. Kn95 mask given to you in your room. 

long delay with testing in Miami. 3 hours to get on ship and ship left 3 and a half hours late. Arrived In Dominican Republic on time yesterday.

outdoor movie with dinner from the buffet. There are four specialty restaurants with out door seating. Booked them for the rest of the week.

I would be happy to answer any questions! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were amongst the people that wanted to cancel - but were unable.  If you are choosing to go- bring a jacket for nights - it’s windy and chilly for the night time movies. Buy yourselves a cord that you wear around your neck that attaches to your mask - easy to put your mask on to go inside to get food or use the bathroom - it is only inside! Music is good and weather is great! 

• Like 4

We are scheduled to sail Encore on 1/16.

Would love to know what nights Choir of Man and Kinky Boors are.

Are all restaurants and amenities operational? Have heard about some being closer on other ships. 

Would  love to hear any updates you can provide when you have time. Enjoy your cruise! 

Thanks! Kinky Boots is cancelled. Choir of man is showing as available day 5 and 6. All restaurants are open. I heard that the kids camp is closed- they are opening the teen lounge to families from 4pm- 5:45. 

weekly spa passes are available for $316pp and they are also offering day passes. Not many people using it with masks! 

1 minute ago, favoritevacation said:

Thanks! Kinky Boots is cancelled. Choir of man is showing as available day 5 and 6. All restaurants are open. I heard that the kids camp is closed- they are opening the teen lounge to families from 4pm- 5:45. 

weekly spa passes are available for $316pp and they are also offering day passes. Not many people using it with masks! 

Thank you! We are sailing with two teens, so hope the teen club will be open for them (and not little kids) at night. They won’t go if there are young kids there. 

2 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

We are scheduled to sail Encore on 1/16.

Would love to know what nights Choir of Man and Kinky Boors are.

I am also on the Jan 16 cruise.  But be aware that the OP's cruise is going in the opposite direction so show nights may vary

58 minutes ago, NSPHILLIPS said:

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise… would you be able to share an up to date list of the officers on the ship ? What entertainment have they replaced kinky boots with for this sailing ??

There is no replacement entertainment or explanation of why kinky boots was cancelled. Just a notice inserted in the daily. I’ll see if I can get a list of officers for you….. by the time we got on the ship three hours late because of Covid testing all reservations were taken for the levity comedy shows. 

1 hour ago, NSPHILLIPS said:

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise… would you be able to share an up to date list of the officers on the ship ? What entertainment have they replaced kinky boots with for this sailing ??

There is no replacement entertainment or explanation of why kinky boots was cancelled. Just a notice inserted in the daily. I’ll see if I can get a list of officers for you….. by the time we got on the ship three hours late because of Covid testing all reservations were taken for the levity comedy shows. 

16 minutes ago, Dirtdevil71 said:

Any mask needed while you’re in port? We sail Jan 23.  Is the covid test just saliva test? And any other testing once you get off the ship? Thanks for answering,  I just hope we feel it’s somewhat normal cruising again. 

The Covid test is administered by cvs at the port in Miami - it is a swab that you self administer - 5 swirls per nostril. Then you need to wait 20 minutes until a negative result. If it is positive they call you back to retest. In our 20 minute wait time 2 people were called to retest. 

masks rules while in port “adhere to local regulations when visiting ports of call”. We are choosing not to get off - but announcements are to bring your vaccination card along with your sea pass when going ashore. On board, I would say 90% of people are wearing their mask inside, most people are taking the mask rules seriously - but they are also eating inside, where, of course you can not wear a mask if you’re eating! 

it is far from normal seeing crew wearing black kn95 100% of the time indoors and out. Guests are putting them on as soon as they go inside. 

6 hours ago, favoritevacation said:

Any questions? I will do my best to answer. Masks required. Not enforced. 85% of people wearing them. Kn95 mask given to you in your room. 

long delay with testing in Miami. 3 hours to get on ship and ship left 3 and a half hours late. Arrived In Dominican Republic on time yesterday.

outdoor movie with dinner from the buffet. There are four specialty restaurants with out door seating. Booked them for the rest of the week.

I would be happy to answer any questions! 

Thanks for doing this.  We re sailing on Jan 9th and eager to hear how things are especially the port restrictions, if any, although I know that you're not going ashore.

Can you let us know how easy was it to book/change restaurant reservations?  Did they fill up fast in the specialties?

How busy is the ship?  Heard that there's around 1,900 passengers onboard, so less than 50% normal capacity.

Do you know what restaurants were open when you first got onboard?  We try to avoid the buffet when boarding...usually Local Bar/Grill and one complimentary restaurant is open the first day.

Thanks...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMT2568 said:

hi, thanks what are the specialty restaurants with out door seating.

We just ate in Onda by Scapetta tonight. Great northern Italian food. Veal Milanese and home made pasta!

los lobos - Mexican food

cagneys - steak

ocean blue- seafood

Deck 8, where these restaurants are located is really a beautiful spot with two outdoor bars, and awesome wicker cushioned furniture. I actually brought my breakfast down from the buffet and ate it outside on this deck this morning. Lots of people deck walking this morning too!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, limeyalchemist said:

Thanks for doing this.  We re sailing on Jan 9th and eager to hear how things are especially the port restrictions, if any, although I know that you're not going ashore.

Can you let us know how easy was it to book/change restaurant reservations?  Did they fill up fast in the specialties?

How busy is the ship?  Heard that there's around 1,900 passengers onboard, so less than 50% normal capacity.

Do you know what restaurants were open when you first got onboard?  We try to avoid the buffet when boarding...usually Local Bar/Grill and one complimentary restaurant is open the first day.

Thanks...

The only port restrictions that I’ve heard of is that masks are required. 

the ship has about 2,700 people- busy but not crowded. There is no problem at all making and changing restaurants. We did have problems reserving the comedy show - I looked to do it as soon as we boarded - and it was “sold out”.  No problem with choir of man - we are seeing it New Year’s Eve 10pm show! Masks on indoors!

yes the local was open when we boarded - I’ll check the daily to see if there were any other restaurants open. 

• Like 1

Do you know what restaurants were open when you first got onboard?  We try to avoid the buffet when boarding...usually Local Bar/Grill and one complimentary restaurant is open thefirst day.

I just checked….

in addition to the buffet and local…..

savor and taste are open 12-2

and the observation lounge is open 11:30-5:00

Remember - our check in time was 12-12:30. We did not get on the ship until 3:30! 

Thanks for posting this! DW & I are the 1/9/22 sailing of the Encore..did you have a Meet & Greet? I have one scheduled for the 1st sea day ( Mon..)...did you stop at the new Puerto Plata port & did you get off ? Also interested in knowing if St. Thomas & Tortola are requiring COVID tests & did you get off there, too? Thanks again for the update! Enjoy the rest of the cruise!! 😃

Big Al 

Just now, wildcat63 said:

Booked for Jan 9 cruise.

Are you aware of any guests contracting Covid during the cruise?

I know the last 2 Encore cruises have been COVID free, which is great news..BTW, are you coming to our Meet & Greet on the 1/9 Encore cruise I have set up on Monday, Jan. 10th at noon in the District Brewhouse? 

Big Al 

4 hours ago, big al said:

Thanks for posting this! DW & I are the 1/9/22 sailing of the Encore..did you have a Meet & Greet? I have one scheduled for the 1st sea day ( Mon..)...did you stop at the new Puerto Plata port & did you get off ? Also interested in knowing if St. Thomas & Tortola are requiring COVID tests & did you get off there, too? Thanks again for the update! Enjoy the rest of the cruise!! 😃

Big Al 

Hi Big Al! I’m sorry but we have decided not to get off the ship. The meet  and greet did not happen because of the three hour delay getting on the ship due to Covid testing. There has been no testing once on board to get off anywhere - just bring your vaccine card and wear your mask when in ports. 

2 hours ago, Tradewinds Woman said:

Are the go karts, laser tag and Galaxy Pavilion still open?

Yes. Todays hours are 

galaxy is open 2-9

laser tag open 5-9

speedway open 2-9

be sure to make a reservation for the speedway- I was surprised that as soon as we got on the ship, late, there were not many spots available! Husband has a 3pm reservation today!