Proctored Covid Tests Pre-Cruise

CarolinaMamma

4 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

What is the expiration date for your tests? The Emed test I used last month expired in early February

The expiration date for the proctored Abbott BinaxNow tests that I linked to in the original post and received this week (last week in December, 2021)  is November of 2022. Plenty of time to use them. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

The expiration date for the proctored Abbott BinaxNow tests that I linked to in the original post and received this week (last week in December, 2021)  is November of 2022. Plenty of time to use them. 

Thank you so much for your information. Mine just got delivered.  I feel better knowing I have these as backup as I am flying into the port two days before cruise!  If I can’t get a test appointment, I have these!

• Like 1

I got a negative antigen test (BinaxNOW) administered by my local county (free) and proctored by Nomi Health. The test results were emailed to me about an hour later.

I printed copy of the test results (PDF). If I bring a printed copy of the test results (showing date administered and results etc) to the port, will this be enough proof to provide NCL for a refund/FCC if I do test positive at the pier?

19 hours ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

I got a negative antigen test (BinaxNOW) administered by my local county (free) and proctored by Nomi Health. The test results were emailed to me about an hour later.

I printed copy of the test results (PDF). If I bring a printed copy of the test results (showing date administered and results etc) to the port, will this be enough proof to provide NCL for a refund/FCC if I do test positive at the pier?

Unless it states "Not Valid for Travel" on the results you should be fine.  NCL prefers, but does not mandate, a PCR test so an (proctored) antigen is acceptable.

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:58 PM, CarolinaMamma said:

I want to thank whoever shared this source for at-home proctored tests. I ordered mine Monday afternoon and received them today (Wednesday) morning. 

Thanks for the link. I just ordered some!

On 12/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, sparkygirlfamily said:

Thanks!  We were wondering about this piece as we will be testing before we board the plane for South America.  

Sparkygirlfamily, if you are thinking of using one of these proctored tests for admission to a country in South America, please carefully check their rules.  We just returned from an Antarctica trip last month.  We sailed out of Argentina and we had to have a negative PCR test done within 72 hours of our departure for Argentina and uploaded to their system within the 48 hour period prior to our arrival.  They will not accept an antigen test.  Chile has different rules.  When we got our PCR test done it was right before Thanksgiving and Omicron was not yet a thing.  I feel for all the people trying to get these tests done now.  There are providers who can do a rapid PCR test with results in an hour.  We had to go this route when our results from regular PCR didn't get back in time. The US changed the rules while we were at sea and started requiring a negative test to get in the country. Thankfully, the US will accept an antigen test. It was pretty easy and inexpensive to get one in Ushuaia.  

• Like 1