Long Beach Terminal Tesla parking/charging

ENZO240

Hi all, 

New Tesla owners and scheduled on the Jan 8th sailing for 7 days. We will be driving our Tesla to the Long Beach terminal and wanted to see if anyone has any advise if there are chargers or specific parking for Tesla or what they would recommend charging to prior to arrival at the terminal. As the car will be sitting for 7 days. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Edited by ENZO240
typo

Just make sure to turn off Summon standby and Sentry mode (it's important to turn off the former before you leave because it can't be controlled remotely, while Sentry can), because they prevent the car from sleeping. You'll lose roughly 1-2% battery charge per day this way.

Or you can completely power off and lose only 2% in a week.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, arizdback said:

Just make sure to turn off Summon standby and Sentry mode (it's important to turn off the former before you leave because it can't be controlled remotely, while Sentry can), because they prevent the car from sleeping. You'll lose roughly 1-2% battery charge per day this way.

Or you can completely power off and lose only 2% in a week.

Agree with everything posted. No Sentry, not needed. Park at 80% SoC, and you'll have no worries.

• Like 1

thanks for the quick responses. I did not buy the full self drive mode. I found the turn of sentry mode. Since I don't have the full auto drive mode do I still have an option to turn off summon >? Im guessing since I don't the option to tuen off is not applicable

Hello Enzo, I drove to the Maya Hotel and spent the night prior to cruise day, the Maya Hotel has 2 Tesla wall chargers over by building 3 and a Charge Point charger by building 1, charged to 100% and the next morning drove to the terminal. If you don’t have FSD then you don’t have summons. All that’s needed is turn off both Sentry mode and the cabin overheat protection, The cabin over heat protection isn’t needed now because it’s been cold out but still turn it off.  The Maya Hotel is less then a mile from the cruise terminal parking lot. After 7 days away My 2019 Model 3 SR+ was down to 97%’which is plenty of charge to get me home in San Diego. Last May I did a 6400 mile road trip cross country and charged to 100% many times with no battery degradation. We live in a good climate for batteries so don’t worry about charging to 100% especially on road trips, it’s also good to re-calibrate your batteries once a year. You can go to the TMC site for more information.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Thank you, I figured that but i wnated to make sure.  cuz last april i went i noticed a Plaid had parked in one of those spot and noticed he was in line on our cruise.  Thanks for the answer.