No shore excursions on Koningsdam, Jan 16-Feb2

antbur

From what I’ve read, Hawaii is requiring that Honolulu be the first stop. So if your cruise had a different port as the first stop then they have to shuffle the itinerary. You should see something soon for excursions I would think. 

• Like 1

Honolulu was the first stop in the old itinerary too. I can only guess what is going on. Refunds silently appeared on my account. No emails and no shore excursion on the HAL site.

• Like 1

Refund for Maui excursion magically appeared this morning  but a waitlisted tour for Kona cleared    Honolulu tour we booked is a question ship will still be at sea. Hopefully it will all fall into place soon. 

We received refund on our credit card for Kauai (cancelled port) and Ensenada (now a late arrival) yesterday. We tried to cancel the remaining port tours since we were preparing to cancel but got error messages and could not.

Currently there are three different versions of the January 16 itinerary: 
1. The itinerary HAL emailed on December 29 with changes including Avalon and a Kona overnight.

2. The itinerary that strangely now shows up on Navigator (Kauai and Hilo before Oahu, etc.)

3. The itinerary online to HAL website  if you now book this cruise, with a sea day instead of Kahului, Maui.

My head has been spinning and I feel relieved from the uncertainty since we cancelled, though for a very sad reason - a close relative died Monday.

But I’m glad for all those still booked in 2022 that Hawaii finally announced an agreement with Carnival and NCL to return big cruise ships.

• Like 1

Also on that cruise. We will cancel at last minute in case HAL cancels or Hawaii cancels.  We have insurance. Tried to cancel excursions today but also got error message for 3 of the 5 booked excursions.

Was thinking about moving our reservation to next Jan but because we booked a year ago, our same cruise now is $6000 more for our Vista. 🤔 That sounds crazy to move the reservation plus possibly pay the difference of up to $6k more AND they keep our money for a year. Do I have that right?

So Grand Princess is on her way to Hawaii now and will be the litmus test for what is to come.

• Like 2