Valor or Glory Suite NOLA embarking procedure

1 hour ago, Magic City Cruiser said:

Can anyone comment on the process of boarding cruisers with suites? I recall seeing that Platinum boarding isn't a thing anymore but Suites get priority boarding?
How does that work?

When I cruised out of New Orleans last month, Suites were the first group called to board. The second group of just regular passengers was called about 5 or 10 minutes later. So those in Suites got about that much of a head start. That's about it.

1 hour ago, MisterOJ2 said:

When I cruised out of New Orleans last month, Suites were the first group called to board. The second group of just regular passengers was called about 5 or 10 minutes later. So those in Suites got about that much of a head start. That's about it.

This was our experience too in late December. They also had a separate sitting area at the front.

19 minutes ago, Magic City Cruiser said:

Thanks, all. I should have mentioned that I am more interested in how long Suite guests would have to wait in the loading area and if it is a separate area from other cruisers. Yeah, I know, if you are worried about Covid you shouldn't cruise but I'd like to avoid close contact when I can.

Three weeks ago they were all in the same holding area as everyone else. They just had their own little section, but they weren't really separated at all. It was kind of a madhouse, tbh. I'm glad I got my cruise in before this current surge.

44 minutes ago, Magic City Cruiser said:

Thanks, all. I should have mentioned that I am more interested in how long Suite guests would have to wait in the loading area and if it is a separate area from other cruisers. Yeah, I know, if you are worried about Covid you shouldn't cruise but I'd like to avoid close contact when I can.

Honestly, waiting until the last time available to board would be your best option. It might start clearing out by then. Otherwise, I don't see how you can avoid close contact during the boarding process. It was packed to the gills with a long line by 9ish (before we were even allowed in the terminal) and we had A01 boarding priority.