"Obstructed View" cabins for Beyond?

amevola

A while back, I saw the "obstructed view" cabin list for Edge and Apex on this site.  It gave percentage info each cabin.  Because Beyond is longer, the list doesn't help me.

Has anyone seen a new list for her, especially Deck Six?  I will still love my cabin, but I am curious as to what to expect. ☺️  Thanks!

Edited by amevola

Here is one way you can tell... looking at the deck plan... any cabin next to one of the sections that juts out is obstructed, because you can only have a clear view.. straight out and to either the right or left..depending where the jut out occurs. On Edge the porthole verandas were listed as obstructed because the porthole design impacts your view and the window washing equipment tends to be in that general area. Now the Magic Carpet area has a much larger jut out.... here ..on Edge two cabins on each side of the jut out were considered obstructed.  Looking at the Beyond deck plan it appears they have recategorized cabins vs what I originally saw for Edge (it did go through some modifications)..

Also on deck 6 the lifeboat davits might be considered an obstruction. They do not impact your view standing at the rail..but if you are seated.. the davit might interfere with your view..and where there isn't a davit you will be overlooking the top of a lifeboat. This type of obstruction has never particularly bothered me. My guess is that E3's are likely lifeboat davits... they stick up higher than the top of lifeboats and are more noticable.

• Like 1