Bliss Deck 9 or 15

dcassetta

I think we have settled on the Bliss and looking at available cabins.  There are still several angled balcony cabins available, which might be nice for the extra space. Both are near the aft elevators.  Deck 9 appears to be above the Dolce Gelato/Los Lobos Waterfront area.  Deck 15 seems to be just below the front end of the gym.  I know it is better to be between decks that just have cabins.  Will Deck 9 be noisy from the waterfront?  Will Deck 15 have a large overhang blocking the view?  Will the gym above be an issue?   Should we forget about the angled balcony and just choose something between cabin decks.  Thanks for any advice.   

I was on Deck 14 mid.  I spent a lot of time in the Observation Lounge.  However, if you're Aft, that's a long walk to the other end of the ship.

From my room, I noticed some noise bleed from the pool deck.  Nothing horrible but noticable.  On 15, you're further back but not THAT far, so you may notice it as well.  Not sure of the fitness center hours but I'd assume not 24/7 so I wouldn't be terribly worried about that.  Though if you're that concerned, perhaps it's quieter on starboard, beneath the beauty salon if that is available.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

We haven't had problems with noise on Deck 9 aft before.  It's nice to be able to walk down a deck or two to all of the venues there. 

However, Deck 15 is where the Observation Lounge is🤔

I would check carefully to see what is above the cabin you are looking at.  I would be OK under the salon starboard, but would be concerned about being under the port fitness center.  (I like to sleep late)

If you think you might like to be closer to the Observation Lounge, maybe deck 14 with just one quick stairway up?

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, maren91 said:

Just off the Bliss last week and stayed on Deck 15. Fabulous balconies and close to the Observatory area, absolutely loved it and would never venture down.

I stayed on deck 15 in December - very close to observation lounge which was fantastic - the only annoyance was the noise every morning about 5am from the chairs being set out on the pool deck above our room - about 30 minutes of constant thuds from chairs being dropped onto the deck.

• Like 1

I’m on a deck 9 forward balcony, which is on top of the deck 8 “long” balconies. I am worried about privacy on my deck 9 balcony as anyone in a deck 8 balcony can simply look up and see me. Is this a problem? Should I move or will I still have some privacy?

Edited by marktwothousand

We stayed on Deck 9, just above the Gelato shop (WAAAAY back in 2019).  I had no issues with noise.  We liked it because you're not too far from pool deck height and not too far from the restaurants, shopping, bars, etc. just below.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rmurray847 said:

We stayed on Deck 9, just above the Gelato shop (WAAAAY back in 2019).  I had no issues with noise.  We liked it because you're not too far from pool deck height and not too far from the restaurants, shopping, bars, etc. just below.

Thanks for the advice, I just moved my cabin to the same location because privacy on the balcony…but, It’s very close to the elevator corridor entrance though, so I hope it won’t be too loud with people traipsing in and out all day. 😞 Do you happen to remember what cabin you had?