Recommendations for private tour guide

shutterbug63

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 1:34 PM, Get outta town said:

We are scheduled for a UTV tour with Around Aruba tours. The have a private tour option available too.

When is yours? Looking for early next year but would like to get something set and having issues finding a truly private tour. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've used ABC tours a couple times when I've been to Aruba. I've never taken a cruise to Aruba but I stay on the island.  They were good. We had a driver on the jeep. Our tour even included lunch which was really good. They even picked us up (it was at the hotel, but ask if they will pick you up at the cruise port). 

https://abc-aruba.com/jeep-tours/

Edited by genealogyfan

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 7:46 AM, shutterbug63 said:

Starting to research private tours in Aruba. Some of the companies I've come across seem a bit sketchy.

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations for a half day private jeep or vehicle tour in Aruba?  

I have a very good suggestion for you.

Here's the deal, don't book anything on the island of Aruba up front you don't have to do that. Unless your doing a resort day pass. If you wish to tour the island when you get off the ship, you have to walk through a genuine "bottleneck" of tour guides. They'll all have maps of the island in there hands, they all have nice air conditioned tour vans and if you can get several people to go with you the better deal you get.

They customize any tour you may want, it's a nice morning and when your finished they'll drop you off at Eagle Beach to spend the remainder of your day on Aruba or you can have him bring you back to the port.

Your tour guides they're right outside security trust me you won't be able to miss them. Have fun. ⛱️

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 7:56 PM, TTEllis said:

I have a very good suggestion for you.

Here's the deal, don't book anything on the island of Aruba up front you don't have to do that. Unless your doing a resort day pass. If you wish to tour the island when you get off the ship, you have to walk through a genuine "bottleneck" of tour guides. They'll all have maps of the island in there hands, they all have nice air conditioned tour vans and if you can get several people to go with you the better deal you get.

They customize any tour you may want, it's a nice morning and when your finished they'll drop you off at Eagle Beach to spend the remainder of your day on Aruba or you can have him bring you back to the port.

Your tour guides they're right outside security trust me you won't be able to miss them. Have fun. ⛱️

I'm considering doing this instead of the cruise excursion I booked. Can you give me a general estimate of the price for an island tour and being dropped off at Eagle Beach at the end?  Also, is stopping at the aloe factory possible?  Thank you.

5 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

I'm considering doing this instead of the cruise excursion I booked. Can you give me a general estimate of the price for an island tour and being dropped off at Eagle Beach at the end?  Also, is stopping at the aloe factory possible?  Thank you.

Your looking at about $50 a person. Maybe a bit less, if you can try and get a small group you'll get a better deal.

You can't miss all the tour guides you have to walk through them on the way in town. These guys are the only way to go. Great island tours low key fair price and will drop you off at Eagle Beach and come back get you and take you back to the port at a time you both agree on. Great way to spend your day on Aruba.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about an aloe factory. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 7:57 PM, texas bound said:

Do you feel those tours at the dock are safe?

They're absolutely safe, those tour guides are just trying to make a few dollars and provide a service for tourists. I would never recommend anything unless I knew it was safe, tour or otherwise. Safety on Aruba is the last thing on my mind. 

Your not meeting some 6'7 genetic freak from the Netherlands on some deserted beach at 11pm by yourself after leaving Carlos and Charlie's.

You and a group of other folks are being taken around the island by a local who's simply trying to provide a service. During the day when there's a zillion other cruisers behind you on the same tour. 

These are island tour guides doing a job. Aruba is the friendly island, one of the best consistently great vibes in the Southern Caribbean. Looking forward to going back. Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1