Late Disembark

tde1969

We have an afternoon flight the day we get back to Miami.  I've seen some reference to being able to stay on the ship later the morning of disembark.  Has anyone done this?  How late are we talking?  What exactly was there to do?  

I think the latest time you can book is 10:45 - everyone is supposed to be off the ship by 11.  Breakfast restaurants are open and that's about it.  The net and/or drain the pools, and stores are closed.  Not much to do besides eat and chill in your room.

We had a leisurely breakfast at Razzle Dazzle, went back up and chilled on our balcony then went down to leave around 10:50 and the captain came on the PA telling everyone to not clog up the gangway.  There was either a medical or customs issue that was backing up disembarkation.  I think we got off a little after 11, grabbed our bags from the terminal and breezed through customs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, tde1969 said:

We have an afternoon flight the day we get back to Miami.  I've seen some reference to being able to stay on the ship later the morning of disembark.  Has anyone done this?  How late are we talking?  What exactly was there to do?  

I can confirm that the latest time is around 10:30 - 10:45 am… they start strongly encouraging people to leave the ship at around 10:45 am. I was on there for the back to back sailing and once the restaurants are done serving breakfast.. there isn’t much to do till embarkation starts. The gym is the only thing thats really open. Everything else is closed.

This is good the hear. We have a afternoon flight out of Miami at the end of our cruise as well. Sounds like the plan is car pickup at 11am. Looking forward to not having to wake up early and rush off the ship, having to fly to the west coast makes for a long day.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:33 PM, _tacocat_ said:

The net and/or drain the pools, and stores are closed.  Not much to do besides eat and chill in your room.

That's interesting that they net/drain the pool. We've done back to backs on previous cruises and have never seen that. We do the cruise mandated, "walk off the ship, go through customs, reboard the ship" routine and then usually head straight to the pool for about an hour of absolute quiet time at the pools.