Brilliance of the Seas oceanview room for 4 people

StarSeven7

Hello, we're sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas in August.  We have 4 in our family, 2 adults, 2 kids (12, 9).  We are currently booked in a obstructed balcony room, but I'm curious to know what the room layout is for an oceanview room for 4 people.  Where do the 2 kids sleep?  In the balcony room, which looks a bit bigger than an oceanview, they sleep on a sofa sleeper.  For the oceanview do they both sleep on the sofa as well or is there a bunk that comes down somewhere?

Thanks!

I stayed in an oceanview for up to 4 on Brilliance a while back. It had two pullmen beds, but we only needed one. Here is what it looked like with the bed down. The matress was rather thin and my almost 12 year old complained about it. Probably better than a sofa bed though. 

E9977970-44F7-4A0D-8C4B-6A843DBEFB56.jpeg

47 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

I stayed in an oceanview for up to 4 on Brilliance a while back. It had two pullmen beds, but we only needed one. Here is what it looked like with the bed down. The matress was rather thin and my almost 12 year old complained about it. Probably better than a sofa bed though. 

E9977970-44F7-4A0D-8C4B-6A843DBEFB56.jpeg

Thanks so much for the picture!  So if you had the second pullman bed down, it would be overtop of the bed on the left? Sort of like 2 bunk beds?

5 hours ago, kiska said:

You need to look at the room you booked. Some rooms have bunk beds and that's specified on the legend on the deck plan

I'm actually booked in an obstructed balcony cabin right now, but when I look at the deck plan for the oceanview room it just says "Stateroom occupancy up to 4 available" and no mention of bedding type.

53 minutes ago, StarSeven7 said:

Thanks so much for the picture!  So if you had the second pullman bed down, it would be overtop of the bed on the left? Sort of like 2 bunk beds?

Yes, the second pullman is above the other bed so it would be like two bunk beds. Technically they could push the two lower beds together but that would make getting in them a bit difficult. Your current balcony room would give you a bit more room to spread out away from everyone (my 15 year old loves sitting on the balcony) but having a separate bed for each child is more important for my boys. We were on Brilliance last week and put our boys in the cabin next door to us for pretty much the same price as all 4 in one cabin. It’s great for extra room, extra bathroom and privacy for all. Even if that’s not an option for you, there are many public places on Brilliance to hang out so you don’t feel crowded in your stateroom. We use our balcony a lot, but tend to spend a lot of time enjoying the rest of the ship when we aren’t sleeping. 

1 hour ago, StarSeven7 said:

I'm actually booked in an obstructed balcony cabin right now, but when I look at the deck plan for the oceanview room it just says "Stateroom occupancy up to 4 available" and no mention of bedding type.

Definitely price out two cabins.  Sometimes the price is the same or very close.  Sometimes it isn’t.   But it is very much worth researching.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, topnole said:

Definitely price out two cabins.  Sometimes the price is the same or very close.  Sometimes it isn’t.   But it is very much worth researching.  

I’ve priced it out and it is about $500 more for 2 connecting ocean views vs. 1 obstructed balcony. Definitely not worth it for us. My kids don’t mind sharing a bed and we don’t particularly feel like we need a ton of space. We’ve only been on one cruise before but we hardly spent any time in the room. We’re campers so we’re used to not having much space and we’re totally fine with that! Saving money is a bigger priority for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

Yes, the second pullman is above the other bed so it would be like two bunk beds. Technically they could push the two lower beds together but that would make getting in them a bit difficult. Your current balcony room would give you a bit more room to spread out away from everyone (my 15 year old loves sitting on the balcony) but having a separate bed for each child is more important for my boys. We were on Brilliance last week and put our boys in the cabin next door to us for pretty much the same price as all 4 in one cabin. It’s great for extra room, extra bathroom and privacy for all. Even if that’s not an option for you, there are many public places on Brilliance to hang out so you don’t feel crowded in your stateroom. We use our balcony a lot, but tend to spend a lot of time enjoying the rest of the ship when we aren’t sleeping. 

Thanks for your response. I think we’ll stick with the obstructed balcony since I like that layout better. My kids don’t mind sharing a bed and my husband and I would prefer to sleep in the same bed! Lol!