P&O Stockholm on Your Own

tring

Shameless plug for my map of berths and shuttle buses.  Went to Stockholm in 2022 and straight into my top five ports.  The sail in is awesome, I took a timelapse off the back of about three hours transit out before my battery ran out.  Had a overnight stay and left mid-afternoon on Day 2.  Shuttle buses provided and dropped off as shown on my maps.  No issues.

• Thanks 1

Great resource Red Leicester!

Stockholm is so beautiful, and the sail in and out are almost a cruise in themselves

(Hi to Harold - who raises the resource from great to excellent 🙂)

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Red Leicester said:

Shameless plug for my map of berths and shuttle buses.  Went to Stockholm in 2022 and straight into my top five ports.  The sail in is awesome, I took a timelapse off the back of about three hours transit out before my battery ran out.  Had a overnight stay and left mid-afternoon on Day 2.  Shuttle buses provided and dropped off as shown on my maps.  No issues.

Good map showing a central docking location.  I am the OP and when we were originally due to dock there on Aurora, we were due to dock in Vartahamnens, which is right out on the edge of the city suburbs.  If you scroll out on your map it can be seen on a different waterway, which would require forking right before approaching the city.  The berth was the most northerly of two there, which are shown at the end of a dotted shipping track.  They are not marked as cruise terminals, but they do appear to be used regularly by some cruise ships.

Tendering straight to the old town was great as it was a really short hop to the old town, which many people want to go to and was also very well placed to get around within the city, on both boats and other ways, as well as proving good views of the city from the ship. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1