covid test before arrival on ship in Athens

cruisesoon

We just had an update for requirements for our cruise on March 19th.  Greece no longer requires testing before arrival but Viking seems too but now I can't find where it says we must be tested 24 hours hours (antigen) test before getting on the ship since we will be doing an independent stay for 2 nights.  I had contacted Viking and they said the test 24 hours before getting on the ship was fine and could follow the Greece rules so no testing before leaving.  So confusing!!!  Anyone know what is required?

You will have to find out how to get tested in Greece before you board.  Ask on your roll call if anyone has looked into it.  You will not have to test before you board the plane or enter Greece.  

We ran into the same thing when we sailed from L.A. in December.  We didn't need a test to board the plane but because we arrived in L.A. before the countdown to boarding began we had to find a test location that would be able to promise results in time.  We found a place and made an appointment as soon as booking opened for our test date.   

On 3/3/2022 at 2:09 PM, cruisesoon said:

We just had an update for requirements for our cruise on March 19th.  Greece no longer requires testing before arrival but Viking seems too but now I can't find where it says we must be tested 24 hours hours (antigen) test before getting on the ship since we will be doing an independent stay for 2 nights.  I had contacted Viking and they said the test 24 hours before getting on the ship was fine and could follow the Greece rules so no testing before leaving.  So confusing!!!  Anyone know what is required?

You'll find the information has moved from an alert into the "Before you go" section. 

I have gotten an update from Viking.  Since we are doing 2 days pre on our OWN we need to get either a pcr test 72 hours before getting on the viking ship or antigen test 24 hours.  Since Greece does not require a test anymore we can just show our vaccine cards.  This was confirmed by Viking.

Getting a rapid antigen test in Athens was ridiculously easy.  Just about every pharmacy/drugstore was offering it, and very obviously competing with each other on pricing (neon signs!) - anywhere from 5 to 20 euros.