Disney Cruise Lines is Relaxing Mask Requirements March 11

JT1962

Thinking of a short Disney cruise in late April.  Have not been on a Disney cruise since our family took our 1st and 2nd cruises on Disney ships in 2000 - almost 22 years ago!  And after taking 42 cruises with other lines over the years (and nothing since May of 2019), DH and I are itching to cruise again!  We have relatives (that love Disney cruises) that we would like to sail with.

Could someone please tell me how to find the current guidelines on Covid testing?   That's what has us anxious...being turned away before the trip begins.  BTW - We are fully vaccinated and have boosters.

Current Disney rules require testing only at the pier for fully vaccinated guests.  Anyone eligible for vax must have them.  Takes around 1/2 hour.  We did these three times in December and February.  Not a big deal.

Unvaxed kids need a PCR test 3 days to 1 day before sailing, then the same test at the pier as vaxed.  There are some exceptions for people recovering.  See

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Late April will have new onboard masking rules.

• 1 month later...

I am hesitant to give up masks in a crowded atmosphere like a cruise ship. There are many people who did not get fully vaccinated, still. Also it appears that whether you caught COVID or are fully vaccinated there is a risk to become infected. Long haul COVID is not how I would want to live my life. So masks for me.

• Like 1