Excited to cruise , terrified of testing Positive at Port

nm951

1 hour ago, SLYScorpions said:

May I ask how / where you will do your testing before your flight? We will need to do this also for our flight home to USA from Edinburgh in May. I haven't yet zeroed in on where we will have this done. I have considered a test kit brought from home to do in our hotel night before our flight. Thank you for yours or anyones advice or input. 

Right now, NCL will do it for free for you on the ship. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/will-ncl-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg

Will NCL offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Antigen Tests

COVID-19 antigen tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by the Cruise Line for those guests who require a test to return home.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:26 AM, ColbyCarrington said:

I sail in 27 days and I have some OTC tests set aside to take the day or two leading up to my online proctored test that I ordered but my goodness it’s the biggest worry I have right now. I’ve basically told everyone I know that my face mask is going to be plastered to my face the two weeks leading up to embarkation day. 

what does NCL do if you get a negative test and can’t sail? Anything? FCC? I can’t seem to find a defined answer on the cruise website anymore with regard to that. 

I can only answer based on what happened to me on January 29th sailing from NY.  I took OTC antigen test myself 4 days prior to sailing. Negative.  I had a Negative PCR test 2 days prior done by CVS.  Got to the terminal and tested positive on NCL’s antigen and PCR test. No symptoms.  No feeling sick etc etc. My fiancé and I could not board. It was so upsetting.  After about 4 hours in the terminal going through hell getting our luggage back, waiting for Reps to answer questions and sign papers, we went home 1 hour away by our car and I had to quarantine for 5 days.  We had no insurance on the trip.  Instructed to go on NCL site and file a claim to get our money back.  Filed that day 1/29. The cruise was due to arrive back in NY on 2/8.  Received immediate automated email back that it will take 30 days from the day we would have arrived home to have our funds returned.  FCC or reimbursement to original form of payment, it was our choice.  On day 28, just yesterday, i received an email that they acknowledged my case and asked 2 quests. 1.  Did I have insurance? If I did i would have to file a claim with insurance carrier first and if they covered the trip NCL was out of it.  If you do not have insurance NCL will cover the reimbursement.  2. How do you want to be reimbursed?  FCC or credit back to original form of payment?   You reply with your answers right on the email.  Today, I received an email from NCL that they have issued our full refund in the form of FCCs which we requested.  It was 29 days as promised.  Things have changed right now as far as the testing.  I would think that if you took your test 48 hours prior to sailing and it was positive, you would have to file the same claim with NCL. Hopefully this will never happen to anyone reading this, but if it did, I would call NCL the same day and ask what to do.  Sorry for the long winded post but I figured i would give a first hand account.  We have rebooked for July on the Joy and will be celebrating our Honeymoon 

• Like 2