Wonder Of the Seas honeymoon, anything special?

Hello Everyone! May 8th my soon to be husband and I will be doarding Wonder of the Seas for our honeymoon! is going to be his second cruise and my...I don't know, a lot, but I'm super excited to meet this new ship in our new life. 

I've seen that RC does not have anything special for honeymooners, but in your esperience, do they give honeymoon couples any special treats or perks.

My state on Crown&Anchord is Platinum, I don't knwo either if that could make a difference (I remember lasts cruises I went on, i got a voucher with some coupons such as a complimentary dinner on Johny Rockets).

So...do you think will get anything special?

Thanks!

In a nutshell, no.There's always several honeymooners on every cruise.  I've heard of as many as 20+ couples on larger ships.  And, they're always the butt of a couple of jokes by the CD so be prepared if you haven't heard those lol.  I know pre-Covid they would have honeymooners get togethers on some ships, but not sure if they're still doing those.  They were rarely well attended.  But, don't expect a gift or anything, unless of course you are in the Love and Marriage show 🙂

Edited by BND

Our honeymoon was my first cruise (DW had been on a handful).  I had an absolutely fantastic time (and I believe she did, too 😁), but I don't recall any particularly special treatment even nearly 27 years ago.  As mentioned, no honeymooner is exactly breaking new ground when boarding a cruise ship.  If memory serves, something like 10% of the passengers on our honeymoon also were on theirs!  Lots of folks fiddling with shiny, new rings.  There may have been a gathering, but I don't recall it.

Do make sure it's in your booking, though, because they do pay attention.  Our table was made up of 4 honeymooning couples, and that could not have been an accident.  We still keep in touch with some of those folks!

But, yeah, if you get anything "special" from the ship, it will be along the lines of a token.  You will get a lot of good wishes from passengers and crew alike, and that's mighty fun in itself.

Indeed, we offer our best wishes to you and your groom!  May you enjoy the greatest happiness!

Social media has really killed any special treatment.  Seems like if they do anything special the whole world learns on social media all you have to do it tell them it's your (blank) and you get a free (blank).   

Amazingly some people started having multiple honeymoons every year!  So unfortunately the people who lie and scam ruin it for the legitimate honeymooners.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We went on our honeymoon on Voyager twenty years ago.  Much has probably changed, but tell your TA or Royal and you may get an upgrade or at least chocolate covered strawberries in the room.  There was a honeymoon table with about 6 couples and captain came over a couple of times.  Also an event for honeymooners, but Covid may have ruined it.

Also let them know if you are flying to Fl for the cruise.  Airlines often comp upgrade..