Celebrity Air didn't put in request to airline to issue my ticket so i can't select my seat!

fstuff1

On 4/10/2022 at 2:02 PM, Beachlover1989 said:

We have always been able to book seats with American through Flights by Celebrity as long as they are First/Business Class, even before it's ticketed.  We can't change them without going through FBC, but they show up on American's website on through our AA Advantage numbers.  Once we pay and they are officially ticketed, we can change them all we want, just as if we booked directly through American.

Just now, Gia2cats said:

We are also flying First Class but not able to choose seats until final payment made. Payment was actually made this morning and my TA will be able to choose them. I have been able to pull up the booked flights on American though, just no seats.

A lot of this sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully everyone gets it worked out.

We’re currently booked on a cruise/land vacation out of Italy next month and we’re about 95% sure we’re going to take CWC. I called United today and if we cancel they’re giving us until 12/31/23 to use our tickets with no change fee. We currently have more tied up in airfare than a suite on the Edge so this was a huge relief. I have tried using Celebrity for air in the past but it was a huge hassle. This thread just backs that up. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, Gia2cats said:

We are also flying First Class but not able to choose seats until final payment made. Payment was actually made this morning and my TA will be able to choose them. I have been able to pull up the booked flights on American though, just no seats.

We are first class on AA and was unable to select seats even after final payment.  Called FBC yesterday.  The agent helped us switch seats and added our frequent flyer numbers.  I was told the flights will be ticketed 30 days prior to the cruise or on 4/26.  I was able to select seats on the outbound UA flight last September when we booked.  

On 3/20/2022 at 10:37 PM, yogini06 said:

Yes I have an American Advantage account.  The trip shows up in the AA app.  I have to use the booking number to access it on their website.  Both tell me I need to book the trip and won't allow me to select seats.

Same here!  AA website and app act like trip has not been paid for yet even though we have paid in full via Celebrity.

19 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Same here!  AA website and app act like trip has not been paid for yet even though we have paid in full via Celebrity.

I was told by the FBC agent that flights are pain 30 days prior to the cruise.  Had him put in my AA frequent flyer # and change a seat assignment.  I'll double check the reservation at the 30 day mark to confirm they paid the airline.

5 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

I was told by the FBC agent that flights are pain 30 days prior to the cruise.  Had him put in my AA frequent flyer # and change a seat assignment.  I'll double check the reservation at the 30 day mark to confirm they paid the airline.

TA made final payment a couple days ago for our July cruise.  The cost of the first class non stop airline tickets was $3K for the two of us so I really hope all is good.  I am going to wait a week and then check back with the TA regarding seat assignments.  AA keeps tweaking the flight times so who knows.  

2 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

TA made final payment a couple days ago for our July cruise.  The cost of the first class non stop airline tickets was $3K for the two of us so I really hope all is good.  I am going to wait a week and then check back with the TA regarding seat assignments.  AA keeps tweaking the flight times so who knows.  

I booked in September.  AA has changed schedules twice, the last one a couple of weeks ago.  American Airlines does all their schedule changes/updates on Saturday nights.  Check when you get close to the 60 day mark.  

• Like 1