White Pass Rail and Yukon

Sherme

I booked the White Pass Rail and Yukon Expedition excursion through HAL.  The description of the tour does not state that the tour makes a stop at Emerald Lake, however, some older reviews of the excursion do mention Emerald Lake.  Has anyone on this board done this tour through HAL?  When you did the tour, did you stop at Emerald Lake?  Do you know which local tour company does the HAL tour?  
I am wondering if I should cancel the HAL tour and rather book the same tour with Chilkoot.  I would love to hear from anyone that has done this tour through HAL and/or Chilkoot Tours.  Thank you!

We have not taken the HAL tour, but did the Bus / Train combo to Emerald Lake with Chilkoot a few years ago and loved it. I am booked on the same tour again in May on a solo cruise.

Chilkoot uses smaller 12-16 seat buses vs full size buses generally used for the ship tours. This gives them the ability to stop for wildlife or other views that the larger buses can’t always do.

We did the Rail trip previously in Skagway , but since it was reported that the bridge at MM15 collapsed and is in the process of being rebuilt, the train cannot go the entire route.  

Am also interested in following remarks about the Chilkoot tour.

It was last year that the bridge washed out at mile post 15, it's been repaired and the White Pass railroad has tours all the way up to Carcross with a stop at Bennett lake again. We did that trip a couple of years ago, it was on of the best tours we've ever taken in Alaska. Most of the bus tours that go to Carcross continue on to Emerald lake. Early in the season Emerald lake will be frozen over. The tour that stops for the chicken dinner lunch at Caribou Crossing is a nice stop, lots to look at there. They have dog sled puppies that you can play with.