Covid test depart Gatwick to USA

We will be spending Sunday night 5/22 at Sofitel Hotel at the North Terminal of Gatwick and fly out to the US noon Monday.  I notice that there are a few places to get Covid tests required for the flight.  Could anyone give information as to the requirements for reservations and if there is a preferred testing site?

I can not give information about Gatwick .  But , we are going to use Randox Helath in London the day before we return, if the requirement is still in place. 

Maybe there will be news of the testing requirements by mid April. Let’s hope it is eliminated/paused for at least vaccinated travelers.  

On 3/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, Old Maine guy said:

We will be spending Sunday night 5/22 at Sofitel Hotel at the North Terminal of Gatwick and fly out to the US noon Monday.  I notice that there are a few places to get Covid tests required for the flight.  Could anyone give information as to the requirements for reservations and if there is a preferred testing site?

Colinson have just shut their big LGW testing facility unfortunately due to lack of business and relaxing of requirements.

Reports today are that the White House does not plan to drop the testing requirement to enter the US by air due to the Omicron B2 variant in Europe, anytime soon.  Still, mask updates are due April 18.  We will see. I am waiting until  just before we leave (late May) to book our test.  

Unlike other variants, as well as the initial strain, the Omoincron B2 has not taken hold in the US after appearing in-the U.K.  So I guess the testing policy may be working. 

• Like 1