san diego taxi from airport to downtown

DaveOKC

Even if you had to take two cabs, the cost shouldn't be more than $15 per cab as it's only 2 miles away. There's also a bus (route 992) that runs every 15 minutes for $2.50 and picks up right in front of the terminal.

2 hours ago, jkrislc said:

Even if you had to take two cabs, the cost shouldn't be more than $15 per cab as it's only 2 miles away. There's also a bus (route 992) that runs every 15 minutes for $2.50 and picks up right in front of the terminal.

Thanks for the input.  Cost was not a concern, we just wanted to stay together as a group as the others have never been to San Diego.  I think that SD is one of the best ports to cruise out, at least in the US.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks for the input.  Cost was not a concern, we just wanted to stay together as a group as the others have never been to San Diego.  I think that SD is one of the best ports to cruise out, at least in the US.

Sorry that I didn't notice that it was you that I was replying to here. I do agree with you, but I'm biased since I live here. 😉 It's definitely an nice sail away than the Port of LA or Long Beach in my opinion as it's less industrial. Plus, how many other cruise ports are as close to the airport as SD?

On 3/25/2022 at 5:53 PM, DaveOKC said:

SD is an awesome port to sail from.  Many years ago we sailed around dusk and as we passed north island a couple of Navy fighter jets took off into the night sky in full after burner mode.  I have seen van taxis at SD airport, but even if you have to take two cars it's a short ten minute drive and hard to get separated.