Current policy for private tours in Jamaica?

Ellusionz

With the ports opening up we're trying to book the tours at our hopeful stops. Jamaica we stop in Ocho Rios and we want to do Blue Hole. I just sent an email out to a few tour guides in regards to pricing and availability. One came back and said he could book it, but the second one said that it was because an access to Cruise Ship ports requires certain permissions which we don't have. Does this vary by tour guide does anyone know? Or is there going to be restrictions when we arrive that is has to be tour ship sponsored ones only?

I talked to a rep in Jamaica who said things had changed as of March 1st and they were opening back up, but many operators and hotels were waiting on government approval/authorization to be able to book.  It did seem like it was a case by case (operator by operator) process but that it should clear up soon.  Really hoping it will all better be for the summer cruise season.

Just back from Ocho Rios stop from the MSC Seashore, where we had a private Tour by Mark.  (Excellent tour, $25 per person for a personalized tour in his air conditioned tour bus)  He said that Jamaica is open for tours, but limited to certain areas.  Blue Hole may not be included, but there is much else to see.  He is one of just a few small tour operators who have survived the pandemic.  Jamaica desperately needs tourism, so be sure to book a tour and be generous.  No need to do a ships tours, this is much better.

Just updating to reflect that Jamaica is fully open again. I'm seeing more private tours start allowing reservations as well as some additional one open up under the cruise line as well.  Resort For A Day had some passes now when previously I was unable to book.

On board the Carnival Spirit Journey from Miami to Seattle through Panama. We had a fabulous tour with Mark’s tours and his wife Jenny’s tours. Very flexible and wonderful people. Newer large and small bus vans with air conditioning! Very reasonable off-boat pricing. Can’t say enough 🙂 

Contact marcogm2650@gmail.com 

Use WhatsApp 876-432-1177 

Meet them outside the gate. Invite others along for the best pricing. 

1B7F09F8-0ECE-4803-9447-B561D40856A9.jpeg

F55BF780-4C53-4FC6-89C2-974AD0FBCA13.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We also used Mark's Tours on June 7.  We did a driving tour of Jamaica (Ocho Rios and surrounding area), with plenty of historical and cultural information.  We then went River Tubing (Mark met us at the end), had something to eat at Reggae Alley and did a little shopping.  I would definitely use Mark's Tours again!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

First time ever visiting Jamaica this November and am looking for ideas. Not super impressed with the tours offered on the Carnival website (which my brother LIKES to use because the ship won't leave you behind if there's any sort of delay...)

I'm interested in this company though (Mark's Tours). Any more info on prices or anything? Thanks!

• 1 year later...