Private Photo Package?

Anyone have experience with the private photo shoot onboard? Curious about your experience and if it was positive or negative. 

I’m in desperate need of a good family photo and would like the beautiful Alaskan scenery as a backdrop. 

The regular photo package is adequate. There are plenty of backdrops available and lots of photo opportunities off ship in the ports.  The private photo shoot is insanely expensive. My wife is a picture addict, seriously it’s as bad as a gambling addiction. I always buy her the photo package, however, last cruise she went and bought the private photo shoot. It starts at $1200.  Basically the same pictures we had already been taking. It was a done deal before I could intervene. 

1 hour ago, Dan83 said:

The regular photo package is adequate. There are plenty of backdrops available and lots of photo opportunities off ship in the ports.  The private photo shoot is insanely expensive. My wife is a picture addict, seriously it’s as bad as a gambling addiction. I always buy her the photo package, however, last cruise she went and bought the private photo shoot. It starts at $1200.  Basically the same pictures we had already been taking. It was a done deal before I could intervene. 

Thanks for the comment! The package on my cruise planner is $165 for a private session and a USB of 5 shots that I get to pick. It appears that I can choose a studio, on the ship, or at a port. I didn’t think it was too costly but wasn’t sure if the private experience was worth it or should I just get a normal photo package with more downloads or prints. 

• Like 1

On our cruise, there was a woman with a beautiful little girl.  They spent the entire cruise changing her outfits and have her picture taken.  I don’t know if they had some type of package but to get 1% of the pictures they took must have cost a fortune.  Something my ex-DIL would have done with my granddaughter.🙄

• 4 weeks later...

I too was interested in the $165 private photo package, but I was told it was only for the occupants of the purchasing cabin, therefore excluding my son and family from my photo.  I was trying to find out how much a private photo session was to include them.  $1200 is a bit too rich for my blood.  I was thinking I could book the $165 package for myself and them, and then see if we could combine the two packages into one 1-hour session.  Do you think that plan would fly once we got onboard?

2 hours ago, corson said:

I too was interested in the $165 private photo package, but I was told it was only for the occupants of the purchasing cabin, therefore excluding my son and family from my photo.  I was trying to find out how much a private photo session was to include them.  $1200 is a bit too rich for my blood.  I was thinking I could book the $165 package for myself and them, and then see if we could combine the two packages into one 1-hour session.  Do you think that plan would fly once we got onboard?

I think they would allow your whole family to do it. I have this package on a cruise in June. I'm thinking that this is what they offer to Star class for free (minus the 5 included pics). I haven't seen anyone here talk about the purchased package, but the Star class folks talk about a high pressure sales pitch when you go to review the pics. You'll have the 5 free, but they'll try to get you to spend hundreds, sometimes well over a thousand, more. So, I think they would allow your whole family, because it's more of a chance you buy additional pics.

• Thanks 1