Interested about cruising on the Ruby

princess76021

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not a statistician, but I did crunch some number according to news reports.

You say 30% of roll call is a sample.  Yes, valid for the Roll Call.

But, 143 passengers out of 2500 (crew and passengers or more) is 5.7%.  

Apples and oranges comparison as the 143 number does not include those who learned they had Covid after leaving the ship while the roll call number does include them.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Napagirl said:

We never ate in the MDR because we figured that's where most of the exposures were happening. In the past, the MDR was always my best bet. On the first night you talk to the host and let them know. They should bring out a menu each night for the next night.

As for everywhere else, it was pretty rough, I'm sorry to say. I think it might be due to the current situation, as previously I ate like a queen, though it had been several times on the Grand. But here is what I found:

Room service has a vegetarian sandwich which is really a vegan sandwich. If he's hungry, order two. The chips and guac are decent but tiny - order two or three. Fruit plate is ok too of course.

The Salty Dog at the pool has the best options. *I didn't inquire as to all ingredients* but they had a veggie burger, fries and veg tacos.

The Salty Dog specialty restaurant can accommodate a salad and the Beyond Burger, but no dessert.

Sabatini's can create a pasta with garlic, olive oil and peppers. No dessert but they brought me berries and they can do a salad to start. I didn't ask if the bread was vegan.

Buffet was really hit and miss but I could always find *something*. Don't be shy to ask! 

So as long as he doesn't expect anything too great, he'll be fine. Of course that's normally our expectation, we're kind of used to it LOL

I hope that's helpful! 

Very helpful and thank you so much for your reply...  maybe see you one day on the ship!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2022 at 6:37 PM, princess76021 said:

Love you already!!! Thank you!!!

I've been home for a week now, but I did want to let you know that the three us did have a really good time on the Ruby. The food was pretty good and no one got sick. 

The weather could have been better, but that is beyond anyone's control. Unfortunately though, the bad weather made us late to a couple of ports and caused the cancellation of one of the two production shows. We did have comedians, a couple of singers, game shows, movies, piano bar, trivia, guest lecturers, etc., to fill up our days and nights. 

One thing that did bother us was the lack of any hand-washing stations in the buffet area. There are hand sanitizers available, but we rarely saw anyone using them.  For this reason, on a ten-day cruise, we only ate in the buffet four times, twice for breakfast and twice for lunch. 

If you have any specific questions, I will try and answer them for you. Bon Voyage on your upcoming cruise. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I've been home for a week now, but I did want to let you know that the three us did have a really good time on the Ruby. The food was pretty good and no one got sick. 

The weather could have been better, but that is beyond anyone's control. Unfortunately though, the bad weather made us late to a couple of ports and caused the cancellation of one of the two production shows. We did have comedians, a couple of singers, game shows, movies, piano bar, trivia, guest lecturers, etc., to fill up our days and nights. 

One thing that did bother us was the lack of any hand-washing stations in the buffet area. There are hand sanitizers available, but we rarely saw anyone using them.  For this reason, on a ten-day cruise, we only ate in the buffet four times, twice for breakfast and twice for lunch. 

If you have any specific questions, I will try and answer them for you. Bon Voyage on your upcoming cruise. 

Thank you so much for this! Really appreciate your view. 

sounds like by the time the Ruby gets to Galveston things should be going smoothly!

Yes I'm an optimist!  

Hugs!

• Like 1