FCC distribution.

snoope

We booked a cabin for 3 on Symphony that was cancelled back in January. Royal offered us FCC. When they arrived they were unevenly distributed amongst the pax that seemed odd. I realize it’s done based on passenger 1-3 etc. 

Now we want to use them to book 3 separate cabins. But since they are spread out weird, two passengers are getting the short end of the stick. One is left with a balance they can’t even use. 

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that royal will let you balance out the fccs. However when calling in, I was told no. 

Am i misremembering? Is it somewhere in print? Some guidance would be appreciated. 

FCCs are issued based on what each person paid.  Amounts can very based on the "sale" effective at booking.  A BOGO 60% off will have different amounts than a 30% off sale.

IIRC, FCCs can only be "shared" for passengers within the same cabin.

Edited by Another_Critic

The ability to share FCCs when applying them to a booking is for folks on the same future reservation, not the same previous reservation. 

The distribution of FCC wealth has always been a bit wonky.   Even before the pandemic, hurricane related FCCs were hard to account for relative to guest pricing.   In many cases guests who were number 3 or 4 on a booking ended up with a disproportionate amount of FCC relative to what the 3rd guest was charged on the cruise invoice.  

Like many things Royal call again and you may find someone more willing to get involved, although as soon as you mentioned FCC many agents immediately get a chill running down their spine.