P&O Australia have now release their health requirements

1 minute ago, sir-magoo said:

Does anybody know what actually happens if you do test positive on your 24h RAT?  Their FAQ's say you need to call them and they will cancel the booking.  But does that mean a refund, a FCC or do you lose your money?  I can't imaging Travel Insurance would cover that.

The seem to have a flexibility program, but that finishes in Nov, and needs to occur 14 days or you lose your money.

If you test positive, you and your travelling party will receive a Future Cruise Credit for the full amount paid for the cruise. Re travel insurance - some travel insurance companies would cover it for the insured person and their travelling companion.

I am unsure what you mean by the last para. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you test positive, you and your travelling party will receive a Future Cruise Credit for the full amount paid for the cruise. Re travel insurance - some travel insurance companies would cover it for the insured person and their travelling companion.

Thank you.  I was hoping that was the case but just couldn't find it anywhere.

That last para is their old flexibility clause that ends in Nov.  It allowed cancellation of your cruise up to 14d before departure, with varying refund/FCC options.  The FCC refund you mentioned means this wouldn't be needed.

Just now, sir-magoo said:

Thank you.  I was hoping that was the case but just couldn't find it anywhere.

That last para is their old flexibility clause that ends in Nov.  It allowed cancellation of your cruise up to 14d before departure, with varying refund/FCC options.  The FCC refund you mentioned means this wouldn't be needed.

Got it. Thanks. After listening to the webinar yesterday, I felt that Princess is doing absolutely everything they can to follow the protocols agreed with the government and also keep their customers happy.

I am eagerly awaiting our first cruise after a more than two-year 'pause' - using Princess' term.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

That is the protocols for Princess, I cant remember reading if P and O  are the same (and this is a P & O thread)

38 minutes ago, stki said:

That is the protocols for Princess, I cant remember reading if P and O  are the same (and this is a P & O thread)

Good point. In their latest update to their Healthy Cruising FAQ, they don't actually mention refunds or FCC's.

If you test positive to COVID-19 within 10 days to your cruise departure you will not be able to travel and you should notify us or your travel agent so we can cancel your booking. Anyone else booked on the cruise from the same household as the COVID-19 positive guest will also be deemed a close contact in line with domestic requirements and will not be permitted to travel.

In their cancellation policy, you will get refunded (over 75 days) or FCCs for 74 to 14 days. If you cancel within 14 days, there is no refund. This is based on change of mind though, and I can't see anything specific around covid - perhaps that is what travel insurance is for.

For cruises departing on or before 30 November 2022 and booked prior to 10 May 2022, you can now cancel your cruise up to 75 days prior to sailing with zero cancellation fees and receive a full refund.

Even if you change your mind later, your cancellation fees will be returned to you as a Future Cruise Credit*, as long as you cancel at least 14 days before your departure date.

48 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Good point. In their latest update to their Healthy Cruising FAQ, they don't actually mention refunds or FCC's.

If you test positive to COVID-19 within 10 days to your cruise departure you will not be able to travel and you should notify us or your travel agent so we can cancel your booking. Anyone else booked on the cruise from the same household as the COVID-19 positive guest will also be deemed a close contact in line with domestic requirements and will not be permitted to travel.

Bearing in mind that the latest domestic requirements are that close contacts don't have to isolate.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Bearing in mind that the latest domestic requirements are that close contacts don't have to isolate.

Even for ages, it was for 7 days isolation. Correct, now you don't need to iso as a close contact, but you need to RAT every day, and I wonder if the state protocols for the ships are being quoted as "domestic requirements". There is still other rules around visiting settings with vulnerable people though??

I am thinking that surely P&O and Princess should be closely aligned with their policies. They certainly should be, but I just can't find anything yet to back that up. The last thing they want is for passengers to board knowing they have tested negative in the past 10 days because they will otherwise lose their trip.