Fly Cruise, Really MSC! What are you playing at?

lovetoholiday

I have been trying since March 2020 to use the fcc for the first cancelled cruise due to Covid. This is my 4th attempt, all others have been cancelled or changed for various reasons.  I finally thought I was getting somewhere this time - 28th May from Genoa on the Splendida.  My fiends and I paid extra above the fcc for direct flights from London to Genoa, to be confirmed nearer the time. (Booked October 2021)

Back in February we got emails saying these flights were cancelled and we would now be travelling via Brussels to Milan and then bussed to Genoa.  Returning from Nice, via Brussels to London.

In March I noticed that to book this cruise they were only offering direct flights from London to Milan, no mention of indirect flights via Brussels, so I asked if we could change to these flights as they made so much more sense.  No way said MSC.

I can only access parts of my booking online as it doesn't recognise my booking number but it does tell me my cruise departs in 24days.  It says my edocs are available but the button to download or print is greyed out.  So, I phoned yesterday and asked if they could email them to me, no problem they said, they are on their way.  Nope, no email.  Phoned again an hour later, same thing, but she also added if they don't come, try again tomorrow.  Still no email.

Today I phoned again and got the same guy as first call yesterday.  He is now saying there seems to be an issue with your flights, I will speak to a supervisor and call you back - before the end of the week!

Come on MSC, please get your act together.

Apologies for my long winded moan!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 6:32 AM, lovetoholiday said:

I have been trying since March 2020 to use the fcc for the first cancelled cruise due to Covid. This is my 4th attempt, all others have been cancelled or changed for various reasons.  I finally thought I was getting somewhere this time - 28th May from Genoa on the Splendida.  My fiends and I paid extra above the fcc for direct flights from London to Genoa, to be confirmed nearer the time. (Booked October 2021)

Back in February we got emails saying these flights were cancelled and we would now be travelling via Brussels to Milan and then bussed to Genoa.  Returning from Nice, via Brussels to London.

In March I noticed that to book this cruise they were only offering direct flights from London to Milan, no mention of indirect flights via Brussels, so I asked if we could change to these flights as they made so much more sense.  No way said MSC.

I can only access parts of my booking online as it doesn't recognise my booking number but it does tell me my cruise departs in 24days.  It says my edocs are available but the button to download or print is greyed out.  So, I phoned yesterday and asked if they could email them to me, no problem they said, they are on their way.  Nope, no email.  Phoned again an hour later, same thing, but she also added if they don't come, try again tomorrow.  Still no email.

Today I phoned again and got the same guy as first call yesterday.  He is now saying there seems to be an issue with your flights, I will speak to a supervisor and call you back - before the end of the week!

Come on MSC, please get your act together.

Apologies for my long winded moan!

Don't expect them to get anything right.

Don't expect a call back.

Send an email....that doesn't work either.

Worst CS ever.

8 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Don't expect them to get anything right.

Don't expect a call back.

Send an email....that doesn't work either.

Worst CS ever.

Yes, called them again today.  It has been escalated - give them a few more days they said, then call back again if still no word from them. Really frustrating.

An update - I received my e-tickets by email overnight.  Hurrah!

So now have confirmation of which airports I am travelling from/to etc., 

Now I just need them to change the voucher for the transfer from airport to ship to say pick up at Milan instead of Genoa as it does in this paperwork. 😂

4 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

An update - I received my e-tickets by email overnight.  Hurrah!

So now have confirmation of which airports I am travelling from/to etc., 

Now I just need them to change the voucher for the transfer from airport to ship to say pick up at Milan instead of Genoa as it does in this paperwork. 😂

Glad it worked out for you in the end. Enjoy!