I got an upgrade option. Would you say yes?

43 minutes ago, sthrnbll said:

Not really sure. I was in an inside porthole room and moved to a balcony. Its in the back of the ship which I'm not real excited about and I moved down a few floors but whatever. I'm glad I have a balcony

Little confused.  The porthole cabins are all on decks 1 & 2, so you can't move down a few floors to a balcony.  Maybe you were in a 4J cabin at the bow of the ship, which are on higher decks from 6-10 and you were moved lower and to the aft.  You will feel less movement on a lower deck as well as being aft instead of at the very front of the ship.  Plus, you're now closer to the MDR.

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Little confused.  The porthole cabins are all on decks 1 & 2, so you can't move down a few floors to a balcony.  Maybe you were in a 4J cabin at the bow of the ship, which are on higher decks from 6-10 and you were moved lower and to the aft.  You will feel less movement on a lower deck as well as being aft instead of at the very front of the ship.  Plus, you're now closer to the MDR.

I was in a port hole I think on Empress deck. Now I'm on Main.

Not sure of the category.

Edited by sthrnbll

1 minute ago, sthrnbll said:

I was in a port hole I think on Empress deck. Not sure of the category.

That's deck 7, which has zero porthole cabins, since they are all down on decks 1 & 2,  like I previously stated.  You must have been in a 4J cabin which is very similar to an oceanview.  It has a rectangular window and a walkway outside your cabin.  It's the most expensive inside cabin available on that class of ship.  You basically save money over the price of an OV.  They are very popular and sell quickly.  Enjoy your upgrade.

16 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's deck 7, which has zero porthole cabins, since they are all down on decks 1 & 2,  like I previously stated.  You must have been in a 4J cabin which is very similar to an oceanview.  It has a rectangular window and a walkway outside your cabin.  It's the most expensive inside cabin available on that class of ship.  You basically save money over the price of an OV.  They are very popular and sell quickly.  Enjoy your upgrade.

Deck 7 absolutely has porthole cabins on Elation. You can do a mock booking and see them

https://www.carnival.com/booking/deck?currency=USD&durDays=5&embkCode=JAX&isMilitary=N&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=Y&itinCode=BHL&locality=1&numGuests=2&roomType=IS&sailDate=09052022&sailingID=98724&shipCode=EL&stateCode=GA&subRegionCode=BH

Edited by sthrnbll