I got an upgrade option. Would you say yes?

I've never gotten an upgrade offer. I am sailing solo in my cabin. My son and DIL are in their own. I paid $504 for an inside porthole. I got an offer for an increase of $190 for a balcony. I usually cruise in a balcony because I'm a snob 🙂 but I didn't book it this time since I was solo. I'm just not sure if that would be a good price. 5 days on Elation.

3 minutes ago, sthrnbll said:

I've never gotten an upgrade offer. I am sailing solo in my cabin. My son and DIL are in their own. I paid $504 for an inside porthole. I got an offer for an increase of $190 for a balcony. I usually cruise in a balcony because I'm a snob 🙂 but I didn't book it this time since I was solo. I'm just not sure if that would be a good price. 5 days on Elation.

Yes, and answer ASAP before someone else takes it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sthrnbll said:

That's a good price! I called a week and a half ago about upgrading on my own from an ocean view to a balcony and it was going to be almost $700 more. But I got hit with the upgrade fairy yesterday and got a balcony for $130 more and jumped on it!

You should book it and book it fast. Those upgrade offers go quickly and you don't want to miss out so I'd make it happen ASAP.

• Like 1

I received an email a couple of weeks ago to move from a porthole to a balcony for $200 on the May 7 sailing of the Paradise.  I turned it down because there was a senior rate available for this cruise and we paid just $445 total for the porthole.  Just a few minutes ago I received a call offering a complimentary upgrade to ocean view.  We moved up two decks and a few cabins closer to the elevators.  Not a huge deal, but why not take it?  It seems that printing boarding passes and luggage tags triggers changes like this 😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I received an email a couple of weeks ago to move from a porthole to a balcony for $200 on the May 7 sailing of the Paradise.  I turned it down because there was a senior rate available for this cruise and we paid just $445 total for the porthole.  Just a few minutes ago I received a call offering a complimentary upgrade to ocean view.  We moved up two decks and a few cabins closer to the elevators.  Not a huge deal, but why not take it?  It seems that printing boarding passes and luggage tags triggers changes like this 😂

As you get close to sailing, the maintenance  dept is finalizing  work scope and it is possible your original cabin will be out of service.  

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

As you get close to sailing, the maintenance  dept is finalizing  work scope and it is possible your original cabin will be out of service.  

I thought possibly that area became a quarantine section.  The senior rate was available only on the two lowest decks, which seems like a logical place for quarantine cabins.  Now we are up two decks higher, so we can use the stairs to get to the MDR and theater.  It wasn’t a huge deal, but nice anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

If you want to know if it’s a good deal I’d do a mock booking for a balcony and see how much it is.

This☝️☝️☝️☝️
Had never done a balcony until last month with another line. Wife is hooked, said check to see any were available for a 7/28 inside on Sunshine we already had booked. $200 for upgrade to Aft Balcony!

Don't mean to hijack this post BUT, so many here received upgrade offers.  Just curious, how many Carnival sailings have you sailed?  Just wondering if it's something typically reserved for repeat, loyal guests.  October cruise will only be our second Carnival cruise.  Happy with our extended balcony, but who wouldn't love an upgrade fairy offer for a suite?

2 minutes ago, Abr155 said:

Don't mean to hijack this post BUT, so many here received upgrade offers.  Just curious, how many Carnival sailings have you sailed?  Just wondering if it's something typically reserved for repeat, loyal guests.  October cruise will only be our second Carnival cruise.  Happy with our extended balcony, but who wouldn't love an upgrade fairy offer for a suite?

I have been on 18 cruises with carnival, I have received 3 upsell offers, although 2 of those have came on my last 2 cruises

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Abr155 said:

This is my first Carnival Cruise and I was offered an upgrade.

My mom who has cruised 5 times (twice on Carnival, twice on RC, and once on Norwegian) has been offered an upgrade on every one (she hasn't always taken it, but has been offered).

Not sure there's any real rhyme or reason to it or who gets offered it, unless they just need the particular cabin you're already booked in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abr155 said:

Don't mean to hijack this post BUT, so many here received upgrade offers.  Just curious, how many Carnival sailings have you sailed?  Just wondering if it's something typically reserved for repeat, loyal guests.  

29 Carnival cruises and I've received two upsell offers, both 8+ years ago, both bad enough that I didn't even consider accepting either one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abr155 said:

I've been on 15 Carnival cruises and have six more booked.  I've never had an upgrade or upsell offer.  I have found better offers that I was able to re-book an upgraded cabin for a lower price, but never had an actual offer from Carnival.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abr155 said:

Upsell calls are always based on need for your assigned cabin.  Doesn't matter if you are a first timer or 100th timer, other than first timers are more likely to accidently select a connected stateroom without being linked to the second cabin.

• Like 1