Back to Back Testing on RCL

Atlantic Girl

Just read a couple of posts about testing between B2B cruises on RCL cruises. It appears that they are eliminating the testing between the cruises but I can’t find any official notice on the RCL site. Has anyone seen anything official or is it only on certain ships? We have an European B2B in August.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out this thread.

There appears to be sufficient first hand information (but not in the first post!) to conclude that the testing is being dropped where/when possible. Bear in mind that individual countries' regulations may not allow this. For example, I'm not sure that the Canadian regs have any provision for b2b passengers being exempted from testing for their second cruise. On the other hand, does the GOC view a b2b as two separate cruises or a single cruise?

I think that this is a good example of something to watch over the coming weeks, as there is bound to be much more information coming out, including official notification by RCI. You are lucky that your cruise isn't until August, as by then the dust should have settled.

23 hours ago, Atlantic Girl said:

Just read a couple of posts about testing between B2B cruises on RCL cruises. It appears that they are eliminating the testing between the cruises but I can’t find any official notice on the RCL site. Has anyone seen anything official or is it only on certain ships? We have an European B2B in August.

Currently onboard Oasis of the Seas (May 1-8th) and will be staying on for the next cruise (May 8-15th). I'll let you know what we need to do for our B2B as soon as I find out (I should know later today). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

Currently onboard Oasis of the Seas (May 1-8th) and will be staying on for the next cruise (May 8-15th). I'll let you know what we need to do for our B2B as soon as I find out (I should know later today). 

Guest services said no testing required for our back-to-back. I'll post back later if anything changes

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:00 AM, LouTheGlue said:

Guest services said no testing required for our back-to-back. I'll post back later if anything changes

What port and country is your turn-around in?

• Like 1