Problems with MyPOcruises

SarahHben

You think you have a problem now - wait til you get on the ship and have to use the horrid app.

It doesn't work in cabins, it doesn't take dinner bookings before 6.15 and generally it is a big hassle. I don't want to have to have my phone with me on holiday so I don't want P&O to make me use an app.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CIREV said:

You think you have a problem now - wait til you get on the ship and have to use the horrid app.

It doesn't work in cabins, it doesn't take dinner bookings before 6.15 and generally it is a big hassle. I don't want to have to have my phone with me on holiday so I don't want P&O to make me use an app.

When i was on Iona last summer I used the app a couple of times to reserve tables but found they were almost immediately available. So I changed to wandering down to the restaurant and asking if any tables were available. worked just fine.

For my next cruise I am going for nostalgia so will probably have my main meal at lunchtime like we did back in the 50's. 

25 minutes ago, CIREV said:

I thought they didn't really do dinner bookings at all on Iona, apart from the very first sitting? (in the main dining room, anyway) The rest of the time it's just a virtual queue, so wouldn't be available until the restaurant opens. Were you having problems booking other restaurants? 

I think that is you allowed virtual queuing before 6.15pm you would have people queuing at 8am, with a virtual towel on their table of course 😁

edit - is the beach house on iona open on the saturday?

Edited by davecttr