Problems with MyPOcruises

SarahHben

Morning. 
I can log into mypocruises account but I keep getting this pop up. I’m already logged in so I have no idea what it is and I don’t have a ‘username & password, the normal log in uses cruise ref number, name & date of birth.

5F38A796-05B3-4A7C-9F08-FDEF8361BC36.png

You need a username and password for that page.  Try registering and putting in your P&O number (not cruise reference).  The page for log in for your cruise is different.

this page shows you all your current and previous cruises, loyalty etc.

44 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning. 
I can log into mypocruises account but I keep getting this pop up. I’m already logged in so I have no idea what it is and I don’t have a ‘username & password, the normal log in uses cruise ref number, name & date of birth.

5F38A796-05B3-4A7C-9F08-FDEF8361BC36.png

I have tried on my desktop PC, and no problems.  Does not come up with the log in you show, just the normal one for my.pocruises.com as you mentioned.

Edited by jaydee6969

Hi I think what is happening is you are looking at your cruise booking account.

Which as you say is cruise reference /D O B   to see your cruise .

Under the log into that is a log into your P&O account which shows things like past cruises .

Being your first cruise you possibly was not aware of this and it would be up to you to

create a P&O account .

Use this link as it shows the other log in below what you have used .   https://www.pocruises.com/login

Confusing ? :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

It may be a new "feature" that was added when the site was down for maintenance over the weekend.

I have had no problems with this until this morning when I was asked to log in. I found that I had been logged out of my P&O account (different to mycruises account) - once logged into that the problem disappeared.

Thanks everyone.

I am definitely looking at the mypocruises booking summary site. It requires cruise ref number and name and d.o.b to log in which I have done, but then when I try to book anything I keep getting the weird pop up.

I called P&O and the lady logged in as me and got the same and she doesn't understand it either. I was trying on Chrome then tried it on Edge, same thing happened. The lady suggested I use my P&O account password to see if that worked...it didn't.

She just advised me to keep trying 🤔

• Like 1

When I logged into MyP&OCruises using specific booking reference, name & DOB it went in correctly.

However, it does appear to be working erratically moving forward through screens, in that the popup mentioned by SarahHben sometimes comes up.  If you try clicking on 'cancel' once or twice it should hopefully remove the pop from your screen and, you can continue as normal.

Just now, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

When I logged into MyP&OCruises using specific booking reference, name & DOB it went in correctly.

However, it does appear to be working erratically moving forward through screens, in that the popup mentioned by SarahHben sometimes comes up.  If you try clicking on 'cancel' once or twice it should hopefully remove the pop from your screen and, you can continue as normal.

I'm glad it's not just me!

Trouble is when I clear the pop-up nothing will book, just says 'coming soon' even for things that I know are already bookable because I saw them yesterday. Before the pop up shows I can book limelight club if I wanted to, but once the pop up appears and I cancel it it says Limelight Club 'coming soon'

Very frustrating.

I have been trying to sort out booking entertainment and dining for cruise we are going on shortly.

I received an email today advising now open for booking.

Dining at Sindhu and Beach House advises add to basket but when you do it says Coming Soon.... so not much help to anyone.

Two events which were under entertainment, Signature Performances, a couple of days ago have now disappeared and, one of the Headliners shows has changed!  

As for other options for entertainment that you can book ...when you go into them they all say not bookable.

So, all in all not working as we would like.  Will just need to look periodically to see if anything else shows / becomes available.

I did manage to book some Signature Performances yesterday so at least I know it was working for me following maintenance at the weekend.

Edited by RaspberryCremeBrulee
Last para added

24 minutes ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

I have been trying to sort out booking entertainment and dining for cruise we are going on shortly.

I received an email today advising now open for booking.

Dining at Sindhu and Beach House advises add to basket but when you do it says Coming Soon.... so not much help to anyone.

Two events which were under entertainment, Signature Performances, a couple of days ago have now disappeared and, one of the Headliners shows has changed!  

As for other options for entertainment that you can book ...when you go into them they all say not bookable.

So, all in all not working as we would like.  Will just need to look periodically to see if anything else shows / becomes available.

I did manage to book some Signature Performances yesterday so at least I know it was working for me following maintenance at the weekend.

I booked a Headliners Theatre show last week and it worked then.

We sail on 21st May, I know Sindhu is very popular so that's the only other thing I want to book in advance. 

34 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I might try clearing my cookies and trying again

Have you logged in to your P&O account - the one that you access from the main P&O website - it is down at the bottom of the main menu.

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

Have you logged in to your P&O account - the one that you access from the main P&O website - it is down at the bottom of the main menu.

Yes, that's working fine for me but makes no difference to the mypocruises part.

I am going to give up for now and get on with all my other jobs before I get too frustrated with it all

I'm on the same sailing, I just had a look and Sindhu still isn't accepting bookings yet anyway. However when I tried to come out and go into Entertainment, I was getting the same log-in message. It looks to me like an administrator message, so I think there's something wrong on P&O's IT side. Will just have to wait for it to be fixed. 

Sarah you need to create an account. Go to the top of the banner to log in/register. Click on register, use your email address and create a password, this is totally different from MyP&O. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Oh how I absolutely HATE logging onto the personaliser/hub/myP&0 thing(s). Oh to just have one login and take it from there with total ease.

Ok, it’s usually fine once you’re in and the like: well, when it doesn’t crash, but it’s a real pain to have to login separately for each cruise etc….and often I find opening a new window in the same booking requires logging in again……First world problems and all that 🤣🤣

I’m assuming other cruise companies are similarly poor with their IT. Or maybe it is just a USP for P&O!

Edited by Camberley

Recently I have been prompted to log in to my P&O account to make reservations from the myP&O page. I have a P&O account so no problem but it seems a little strange that they did not inform us of the change.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Recently I have been prompted to log in to my P&O account to make reservations from the myP&O page. I have a P&O account so no problem but it seems a little strange that they did not inform us of the change.

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Sarah you need to create an account. Go to the top of the banner to log in/register. Click on register, use your email address and create a password, this is totally different from MyP&O. Hope this helps.

I had already made an account a while ago, I can access both accounts with no issues. However when I enter the main account details into the pop up box to get rid of it that doesn't work either.

It sounds like several people are having the same issues so it is possibly an IT glitch.

Thank you for all the suggestions though.

Thanks @Amyracecarit's good to know that booking isn't open for Sindhu yet, hopefully the glitch will sort itself out before booking opens.

5 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

I'm on the same sailing, I just had a look and Sindhu still isn't accepting bookings yet anyway. However when I tried to come out and go into Entertainment, I was getting the same log-in message. It looks to me like an administrator message, so I think there's something wrong on P&O's IT side. Will just have to wait for it to be fixed. 

For my recent cruise on Aurora, I found it didn't seem to be possible to book Sindhu in advance of the cruise. I had to wait until I was onboard and do it through P&O's super-duper new Myholiday app.

• Like 1

A problem for me too. I can access My Cruises on my desk top but on my mobile the screen says the website is undergoing maintenance.

I also have had the login screen appear intermittently. Clearly the maintenance is not yet fully sorted.

Hope this does not affect the My Holiday app when I cruise very shortly.

Will contact P and O if the problem is still there after the weekend.

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

My Holiday app worked when I was on Iona in January, but it would not work in the cabin on Azura when onboard the end of last month/beginning of this!!

Maybe there is poor WiFi coverage in the cabins and extensive wiring improvements might be needed. For example a Marella ship upgraded the WiFi coverage at the last refit. I think they installed an extra 40km?  of wiring for the onboard LAN 😲

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Maybe there is poor WiFi coverage in the cabins and extensive wiring improvements might be needed. For example a Marella ship upgraded the WiFi coverage at the last refit. I think they installed an extra 40km?  of wiring for the onboard LAN 😲

I was told that some area of the ship could not access the wifi, although I could pick up the crews' but couldn't use it. Had to keep changing my wifi setting when in the rest of the ship, so gave up in the end. It was just not worth the hassle.🙄