Testing before land tour

AMPM

We are booked on the Noordam in June doing the land portion in Alaska first. Can anyone confirm if we need to test prior to the land portion. We are getting tested before embarkation and will plan something in Vancouver (since they reneged on their post cruise testing) before flying back to the US. Whenever I call Holland I always feel that they aren’t sure of the answer and it is so frustrating!

46 minutes ago, AMPM said:

We are booked on the Noordam in June doing the land portion in Alaska first. Can anyone confirm if we need to test prior to the land portion. We are getting tested before embarkation and will plan something in Vancouver (since they reneged on their post cruise testing) before flying back to the US. Whenever I call Holland I always feel that they aren’t sure of the answer and it is so frustrating!

No. From HAL’s Q&A on testing - https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-usa.html#testing

Cruisetours with the land before the cruise: 
Guests will be required to meet all country specific COVID-19 testing requirements.  Holland America Line will not require any testing above and beyond the country specific requirements.  Any COVID-19 tests that are required while on the tour, including the test required for cruise embarkation, will be coordinated by Holland America Line.”

If you are flying from any US state into Alaska, Alaska doesn’t require testing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AMPM said:

…We are getting tested before embarkation and will plan something in Vancouver (since they reneged on their post cruise testing) before flying back to the US. Whenever I call Holland I always feel that they aren’t sure of the answer and it is so frustrating!

We are on the Noordam at this time and received this notice in our cabin today.

AC7BD5E2-1DF5-4127-BD3E-5F6361BC9CC3.thumb.jpeg.89ee32e81ac66d7a5ed3ad7191ee016a.jpeg

56 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

We are on the Noordam at this time and received this notice in our cabin today.

AC7BD5E2-1DF5-4127-BD3E-5F6361BC9CC3.thumb.jpeg.89ee32e81ac66d7a5ed3ad7191ee016a.jpeg

But, if you have a POSITIVE test result (real or false positive) don't you, then, have to quarantine in Vancouver??

Shipwalker had you gotten an email stating that they weren’t going to test after the cruise? We did. Maybe you are still getting tested since your cruise was so close. This would be great if they reversed it! 

If you are flying US to US, then you do not need a Covid test.  I asked my HAL rep and he confirmed that HAL will do the test prior to boarding.  It is also noted on the Alaska & Canada Health and Safety Protocol (see attachment).   ..."ALASKA CRUISETOURS • Land first Cruisetours: Guests will be administered a complimentary rapid antigen test before the cruise portion of their package."

Alaska and Canada Health and Safety Protocol_EN_HAL[8162].pdf

On 5/13/2022 at 5:27 AM, AMPM said:

Shipwalker had you gotten an email stating that they weren’t going to test after the cruise? We did. Maybe you are still getting tested since your cruise was so close. This would be great if they reversed it! 

I heard from a source that the free testing will end May 31st.  I do hope they reverse it.  I sail June 1st