Corfu - beach on our own

We decided we would do the NCL Beach Break in Corfu as we will need a relaxing day during our 10 day cruise, but when I went to reserve it, it is no longer available.  So seeking advise on best beach to go to and how to get there.  We will be there in the beginning of July from 12-7. I’ve searched about buses (read bit good times), taxis (a bit concerned about making sure we have a ride back), or renting a car. I also contacted Nautilus for a boat tour but they are booked.   It may only be my family of 4, or could be up to 17 of us (traveling with extended family).  Thanks!

You do have a few options and what you choose may be somewhat dependent on which beach you decide to visit.  If you rent a car (good to have a working cell phone so you have GPS) then you can check out more then one beach.  Otherwise you can hire a taxi or try and deal with the island's public bus system,  Keep in mind that Corfu is a pretty large island (about 30 miles long) and the popular beaches are not very close to Corfu Town.   There is lots of good info on the Internet which should help you choose the best beaches for your little group.   Also keep in mind that Corfu (like many of the Greek Islands) is very tourist friendly with many folks either fluent or with a working knowledge of English.

Just a mild warning that make sure to head back to town a little early so you minimize any chance of missing the ship.  I always suggest heading to your most distant places (such as the beach) early in the day and coming back to town a couple of hours before necessary.  You can then explore some of the town with the knowledge that the ship is not too are away.

Hank

• Like 1

Sorry Nautilus was booked, it was one of our best excursions ever.  If you are a small group arrange with a taxi to drop you off and pick you up a few hours later.   Paleokastritsa is very beautiful but can have extremely cold water.   Glyfada is also nice.   

956B6BA3-D23A-46BF-8C83-F9200B53FA23.jpeg

313AC280-E2E5-4EB2-A4FD-DC44AE3265A6.jpeg

• Like 1