ground transportation from Schipol Airport to Movenpick Hotel at the cruise port in Amsterdam

i am going on a cruise from Amsterdam August 19 around the UK.  When i took this cruise back in 2019 i used a shuttle service called CONNEXXION or something like that but don't believe they are in service any longer.

anybody have recommendations on other shuttle services or taxi services or   other shared services.

i am arriving a day early so am in no hurry to transfer from the airport to the hotel where i will have to wait to check in.

i am aware of the possibility of going to Central Staation and then taking a tram from there but traveling solo and pulling a bag is a bit much for me.

Thanks.

Cathy Berg

A cab is about 60€

it is about 15 min from train station to Movenpick, we were there last week , I wouldn’t stay there again , it need a renovation, all 6 of thought it was a bad choice 

Doubletree I think is in a better location 

thanks for this information.  was it not for the fact that the cruise departs literally steps away from the Movenpick i might consider another hotel which would require another cab to get from that hotel to the cruise terminal.

i think for me it will be fine considering i am staying there less than 24 hours.  

1 hour ago, catmandu73 said:

thanks for this information.  was it not for the fact that the cruise departs literally steps away from the Movenpick i might consider another hotel which would require another cab to get from that hotel to the cruise terminal.

i think for me it will be fine considering i am staying there less than 24 hours.  

Being next door was the only good thing , 

the mattresses was probably the original one when it was opened 

one thing it took along time to get a room ready , they are also under staffed

We checked in at 11:00 am, room not ready , we came back at 4 pm and still not ready 

wow that is disturbing after flying all night to have to literally kill a whole day to get into a room that you will use less than 24 hours.  were you there on a weekend or a holiday which was particularly busy?

i will be checking in on a Thursday along with alot of other cruisers I am sure and out on Friday to board the ship.

Just now, catmandu73 said:

wow that is disturbing after flying all night to have to literally kill a whole day to get into a room that you will use less than 24 hours.  were you there on a weekend or a holiday which was particularly busy?

i will be checking in on a Thursday along with alot of other cruisers I am sure and out on Friday to board the ship.

They do a bag check so that helps , we used Movenpick for 3 nights after the Apex cruise 

Viking uses the hotel , so it like walking into a bad perfume shop as you get into the lobby 🤢

2 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

is this just the normal government run (i think) taxi service or this airport taxi transfer company has a specific name?  Thank you.

Cathy

Its the specific name for the company 

7 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

i am going on a cruise from Amsterdam August 19 around the UK.  When i took this cruise back in 2019 i used a shuttle service called CONNEXXION or something like that but don't believe they are in service any longer.

anybody have recommendations on other shuttle services or taxi services or   other shared services.

i am arriving a day early so am in no hurry to transfer from the airport to the hotel where i will have to wait to check in.

i am aware of the possibility of going to Central Staation and then taking a tram from there but traveling solo and pulling a bag is a bit much for me.

Thanks.

Cathy Berg

We are using Staxi Vervoer from the Movenpick to Airport tomorrow, cost 41E.  They 

are willing to store your luggage until check in or when your room is ready.

if you’re looking for something to do once you’ve dropped your luggage off, for storage, the hop on /hop off bus has a stop, stop number 2, called Passenger Terminal, right across from the Movenpick…. day rate for the bus is about 19E if memory serves me.

Tickets can be bought on line pre arrival.  

thanks for this information.  when i took this same cruise in 2019 i did the HOHO bus catching it across the street from the Movenpick.  When i looked online the other day i think they only operate on the weekends and i will need to kill time on a Thursday.  Maybe when it gets into summer they will expand their operating days.