Please explain the FCC situation

I'm a little confused by some posts talking about choosing their next cruise while on a cruise.  Is this RCCLs version of giving RCCL let's say $250 while on board but actually needing to pick the cruise immediately? I'm used to paying $250 for example,  earning a $250 credit towards a future cruise (typically accepted as a complete cabin deposit), while being "given some incentive like $100 obc for the current cruise.

Or are people talking about two different things? We are going on Oasis a week before my did/stepmother so I wanted to have an idea of whether we're going to do this on ours.  If we have to actually choose a specific cruise, that's not my jam. 

39 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

I'm a little confused by some posts talking about choosing their next cruise while on a cruise.  Is this RCCLs version of giving RCCL let's say $250 while on board but actually needing to pick the cruise immediately? I'm used to paying $250 for example,  earning a $250 credit towards a future cruise (typically accepted as a complete cabin deposit), while being "given some incentive like $100 obc for the current cruise.

Or are people talking about two different things? We are going on Oasis a week before my did/stepmother so I wanted to have an idea of whether we're going to do this on ours.  If we have to actually choose a specific cruise, that's not my jam. 

What you are referring to is a Next Cruise.  FCC is a future cruise credit that is issued for cancellations.

A next cruise credit allows you to book a cruise for $100pp deposit (Junior suites and below, full deposit for GS and above).  This is also a non refundable deposit booking.

You will get an On Board Credit based on the cabin type and sailing length (7 day sailing in a balcony is a $100 OBC...total, not per person).  You do not have to pick a ship and sail date immediately but if you do not choose one within 2 months you will lose the OBC and if you don't pick one within 12 months you lose your deposit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What you are referring to is a Next Cruise.  FCC is a future cruise credit that is issued for cancellations.

A next cruise credit allows you to book a cruise for $100pp deposit (Junior suites and below, full deposit for GS and above).  This is also a non refundable deposit booking.

You will get an On Board Credit based on the cabin type and sailing length (7 day sailing in a balcony is a $100 OBC...total, not per person).  You do not have to pick a ship and sail date immediately but if you do not choose one within 2 months you will lose the OBC and if you don't pick one within 12 months you lose your deposit.

So what's the incentive to do this, really,  when most cruise lines I've experienced give you a year or two to even choose a cruise. This sounds like there's a level of commitment involved.  Or am I misunderstanding?

8 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

So what's the incentive to do this, really,  when most cruise lines I've experienced give you a year or two to even choose a cruise. This sounds like there's a level of commitment involved.  Or am I misunderstanding?

The incentive is the $100 OBC...if you know what you want to book.  If you don't know then there isn't an incentive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The incentive is the $100 OBC...if you know what you want to book.  If you don't know then there isn't an incentive

Plus, the reduced deposit.  I like that alot.

• Like 1

Just now, pcur said:

Plus, the reduced deposit.  I like that alot.

The downside to that is if you have a TA and move it into a group for the lower rate then you have to pay the full deposit amount as groups won't honor the reduced deposit. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The downside to that is if you have a TA and move it into a group for the lower rate then you have to pay the full deposit amount as groups won't honor the reduced deposit. 

So far I haven't been dinged with that.  My new TA just gives me more OBC.  (grinny face)