Carnival just cancelled our Cruise

11 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If the cruises being cancelled were closer in i might agree but 5 months down the road.?

They might be timing it to the end of crew contracts and/or looking at the lightest booked cruises to  cause the least disruption to guests and the schedule.

• Like 1

In the "I cannot fricking believe this" vein.   We really wanted to take a cruise on this specific date as it works for both of us.  Not a week before, not a week after.   So, I booked the exact same cruise on  another cruise line and this morning, they notified me that the "voyage has been cancelled". Maybe the universe is telling me that taking a cruise is not in my best interests right now.  

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 4:02 PM, BlerkOne said:

It will be interesting to see if Miracle can do the Hawaii cruise in September or if that one is/will be cancelled?

DON'T even THINK that.  I'm booked on that one and am looking at airline tickets at this very moment.

But yes, this news certainly has me worried.

"Our team is ready to discuss options and rebook you on another Carnival cruise right away."

Contrary to what the letter says about Carnival be ready right now to rebook, Guest Services didn't know what I was talking about when I called them after I received the letter on Tuesday - I had to sit on hold while they figured it out. When the woman got back on the line she started talking to me about cancelling and I told her I wanted to rebook.  I was put on hold again and finally had to hang up (I was at the 40 minute mark) because I had an appt.  I  called back the next day (yesterday) and  Guest Services mentioned cancelling and once again I said I wanted to rebook.  He told me they won't rebook until 3 Jun so they can do all the cancellations.  Uggh!  So I booked myself 2 weeks earlier in the same cabin and will just take a refund now for the cancelled cruise.  The $50 OBC wasn't enough to persuade me to wait.  The really sucky part was the plane tickets being double the cost when I changed to the new date (I had refundable tickets)!

• Like 1

I was scheduled for a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Radiance on October 31. They sent an email on Tuesday saying the cruise would be leaving on October 30 instead and was changed to Cabo/Ensenada 5 days instead of the Catalina/Ensenada 4 days that I booked. Free extra day would’ve been nice but I’m getting married on October 30 and can’t leave that date. So we are going to take the refund (other option was FCC) and we rebooked for the next week on Radiance November 7 instead now.

5 minutes ago, DiKaiDance said:

I was scheduled for a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Radiance on October 31. They sent an email on Tuesday saying the cruise would be leaving on October 30 instead and was changed to Cabo/Ensenada 5 days instead of the Catalina/Ensenada 4 days that I booked. Free extra day would’ve been nice but I’m getting married on October 30 and can’t leave that date. So we are going to take the refund (other option was FCC) and we rebooked for the next week on Radiance November 7 instead now.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! And a honeymoon cruise to boot! So you will be delayed 1 week. Just more to look forward to in that 7 days of anticipation! 👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DiKaiDance said:

Congrats!  The Oct. 30th cruise was suppose to be operated by the Miracle.  It was actually less than those operated by the Radiance (during the recent sale), so free isn’t always free :).

• Thanks 1