Baltimore departure at 3 pm--anyone experienced this?

mcmarya

Our cruise is not any time soon, but I have never taken a cruise with a departure this early.  What time does boarding usually start?  Also, we may park at my sister's house and have her drop us off, pick us up since she lives fairly close.  Just curious how bad the traffic might be for a drop off or pick up.

Thanks

Ours, next week, is scheduled to sail at 3pm as well.  I believe boarding times start at 10 or 10:30; you will be able to choose a time when you do your checkin.  They seem to be pretty strict about the boarding times; you won't be allowed to join the line until your time slot.

I don't know about the traffic.  The port arrival process is quite streamlined, so that aspect of it should not be a problem.  If you get dropped off, just say so when you arrive, and they will direct you to that line.  It's easy.

Traffic will depend on what else is going on the date of your cruise departure.  Generally, traffic is light on the weekend but a holiday, Ravens game or other special event could impact traffic. What is your departure date?