Contingency planning for positive pre-flight testing?

I'm uncertain about the likelihood that one of us will test positive the day before we fly home from Dublin after travelling around Ireland for a week following  disembarkation.  But I feel that between that risk AND the high cost of arranging quarantine lodging at the last minute in an expensive, heavily booked area, I should have some kind of contingency plan in place.   I read of one woman who made a 'quarantine' reservation at an airport hotel, just in case. 
What have you done and what plans have you heard from others that sounded good?

16 hours ago, kaymoz said:

I'm uncertain about the likelihood that one of us will test positive the day before we fly home from Dublin after travelling around Ireland for a week following  disembarkation.  But I feel that between that risk AND the high cost of arranging quarantine lodging at the last minute in an expensive, heavily booked area, I should have some kind of contingency plan in place.   I read of one woman who made a 'quarantine' reservation at an airport hotel, just in case. 
What have you done and what plans have you heard from others that sounded good?

I’ve read mixed plans-  many make a cancellable reservation without telling hotels they may be positive or some ask the hotels directly if they’re taking quarantine positive guests. It’s easy to make a reservation that has 24 hour notice cancellation. We may end up doing that as well. 

I've seen a few similar posts.

The prospects of a positive test are quite slim, but if you want to cover that eventuality book a hotel with penalty-free cancellation with about 24 hours notice.

Only some hotels offer free late cancellation, and most charge a room-rate premium of around 10% for cancellable bookings.

If you choose that route, be sure to remember to cancel, perhaps by having "cancel hotel" tattoo'd across your forehead 😉

JB 🙂

• Haha 2