5-26-22 Thursday Weigh-In---Holiday--Then Summer--Ready?

Belle

Starting sixth month of the year already you know

Have you lost weight in the last five--yes or no

Three day holiday coming Sat. suppose to be the start of summer

That really doesn't start till June--bummer

Let's all enjoy the summer and rest of the year

By losing the pounds we want to have our goal near (er)

Exercise would be nice to do some days of the week

Then we can firm up/lose some inches we seek

Also we  watch what we eat day by day

Then we can weigh-in with a smile on Thursday

No. I'm not down overall this year. HOWEVER I am down 1" from when I came back after my cruise (still only measuring my waist) and have just 1 more to go. I am down a little over 2" from when I first joined.  So progress!!

How's everyone else either since January or when you logged in??

=====================

Succumbed to the sales yesterday and bought a sofa.

1776880474_20220525_1142402.thumb.jpg.d1686233241fb261d178b21af6a90d42.jpgNow I just have to figure out if I want to make / buy new / or buy a thrift store & restore a sofa table. Almost done. This all started when I had so much FCC that I didn't need to cover my cruises (not cruising nearly as much as Belle or Susan)

I'm down 2.6 lbs since Monday, but I know that's mostly water weight. From what I can tell, the first week is super strict and that results in a large loss, but it will slow down starting week 2. I'm headed to the Indy 500 this weekend and plan to pack a cooler so I can stay on plan. I would normally be packing sandwiches, chips, cookies, and alcohol. This year it's raw veggies, lean protein and water. I don't think it will be too painful because I'm usually too distracted by the race to eat much. I don't live in Indy, but I'm only a couple hours away, which means I'll be home in time for dinner. 

• Like 1

Sure you'll read this Friday--So Good Morning Everyone.

Ombud nice you loss after your cruise and for the year so far. That why we

just keep plugging along. Not giving up. Nice couch, does it pull apart? Did you get it in the grey?

Meghan good loss not even a week yet so you'll lose more. Yes it will slow down but you can  lose something each week and that will be great no matter how much it is.

Have fun at the 500 and how good packing healthy snacks for yourself and eating dinner

at home. Nice you live close to drive.

I stayed the same this week. Been in a funk. Tired of myself, home and the world at the moment.

I need to get more active with myself and doing stuff to the house.  What people are doing

in the world and the USA , no words.  All we can do right now is to vote for people who will

do the right thing and pray.

Izena, Jan, Susan and Jo hope to hear from you soon. Think Jan still on vacation with family.

Everyone stay safe during the Memorial Holiday weekend. Watch out for crazy drivers and wear

masks when you should for your safety.

Sorry was distracted yesterday.  Had dominoe party  stayed good - friends bringing and take out  desired snacks.   

Belle I’m with you in a funk.  Wt in the same range  kind of middle.   Never had any loss from surgery Doesn’t make sense.   (Look good in clothes and ugly naked sooooooo much loose skin. I need to get over it and be happy).  The tummy tuck got rid of horizontal belly sag but created vertical  folds) 

House is empty son in Utah until June 11.  Russian friend  moved to Co.  

Meghan great start stick with the plan you will be amazed.

Ombud nice couch.  An inch is wonderful. 

Belle, it comes in beige, brown, and blue. Blue is hard to find this year but I love that color. 

Izena, but you are healthier now and can't you move better??

Meghan 2.6 lbs 👍

Think I did ok at a luncheon. Devoured the spinach salad, 1 slice bread, water with lemon. Had the roasted veggie sandwich served without bread then took the veggies home for dinner. 4 weeks to next cruise

Izena what a fun day you had. Sorry you're in a funk too. Am surprised you didn't lose

weight from tummy tuck. Maybe it was because you lost so much weight your loose

skin didn't weigh much. Know you look good but we're our own worst enemy.

Glad your son will be home soon and won't seem so empty for you. How long have you lived

alone? For me, 7 years since my husband died. Never easy just what it is.

Ombud sorry thought it was grey. Look again and it looks blue. I like blue too. Never answered

does stay whole or can be separated?  Sounds like a nice lunch. Nice had leftovers for dinner.

Where is your cruise to, Alaska or some where else?

Finally went out food shopping, paid bills ect.  Just didn't want to go out for some reason

kept putting it off. We had some hot weather now cooler weather for the holiday weekend.

Then hotter after. Sorry for people wanted to go camping, beach ect.  We use to go to the

river every Memorial weekend, never knew if going to be hot, rain or fog. Least we were in

a cabin.

Hope everyone will have a good weekend.

Belle   divorced in 1986, I’ve not been out on a date since 1996.   I’m very content.  Financially in good shape thanks to Bohemian upbringing - don’t buy anything on time. I’ve lived alone since 1990.

New England cruise end of June.  Road trip  Arkansas in October.  Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston .  Lots to look forward too.   

Need to get back on track of eating  meals and stop snacking.

everyone have a good weekend. Dog sitting a friends large hairy dog- his first sleep over.

Hi all!

Belle ~ good thoughts to start off the 2nd half of the year. I'm up 1.6 lbs from the start of the year but down 1.2 from last week which is a big surprise as I ate very well while visiting my DD  in NB. We also walked a lot, much of it seemed uphill to me as I'm in poor shape!

Ombud ~ nice sofa. That's something we really need but don't think DH & I could agree on one! We just got a new fridge after having the old one for 35 years! He's able to keep things running, which has it's good & bad points!

Izena ~ that's what I'm afraid of if I lose weight. Will my skin just hang there? Sounds like you have a lot of trips to look forward to which is always nice.

Meghan ~ great loss. Sounds like you did a great job adapting your Indy lunch.

Have a  nice weekend & stay safe. I'm going on a theater/lunch bus trip tomorrow, first one since 2020!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Morning All

Jo glad to see you. Guess all the walking with DD helped with weight loss.  I used to walk 

but can't get with it anymore. I'm out of shape since covid just not doing anything. More active

on cruises.  Think that what helps on cruise ships not gaining is all the walking.

Have fun on your theater/lunch.

Do you notice the things you buy now just don't last like the things you bought years ago?

Nothing is made as well anymore. My old fridge is still ticking but other stuff I had to buy

don't them like the old stuff.

Izena you have been alone for a long time. I'm ok with it, many pro's, cons, main con can get

lonely at times. Like you, pay cash or if charge paid off every month. People don't understand

all the interest they pay when they just make payments. Costs you more in the long run.

Nice you have all the trips to look forward to. Hope sleep over went well with large hairy dog.

I think we all have trouble with snacking, hardest thing to break. If we could make it ---

One Portion and stop. Way to go--but do we?  NO!

Everyone enjoy your Sunday.

Hope everyone having/had a good Sunday so far.

Nothing exciting here. Did a little, mean little cleaning.

Daughter visited yesterday which was nice.

Think will make hamburgers to eat tonight--seems what you should have on

a holiday that starts the summer off (even if not summer yet)

Remembering ALL on Memorial Day.

• Like 1

Hi Belle. The couch has a clip to keep it together as 1 piece. I was going to just get a chair to go with my 40 yr old sofa (loveseat broke) but when everyone's here we're 11 people. And someone's always here. 

Jo, I started looking when Sohnjay went to college in 2015. He was supposed to be the last one out. Anna was a surprise but she'll be off to college in 2 yrs. I'm single so no excuse as to why it took 7 yrs. 

Izena, I got divorced shortly after you and only 2 serious relationships since then. 1 had a heart attack in OR but even though surrounded by MDs didn't make it. Last 1 and I were planning on marriage, had an appointment to buy a house together the week before Thanksgiving 2010, but he ghosted me when he found out how much cash I had and I wouldn't put my home equity into a home for us (planned on taking out a mortgage). Apparently not enough $$. Glad he didn't know about the family apartment bldg. I was kinda secretive.  

Meghan,  I'm watching Coca-Cola 600 on TV. Sohnjay's BF snagged a ticket to the races in Monaco!! He watched that. Lucky

Sounds like Izena & i will be cruising same week ... Izena to NE & I'm back to Alaska. Can't wait😀

I'm still hoping for a loss this week. Upping my water

Edited by Ombud
Typo

Good morning.   Seems like all everyone is doing well.

will Covid  ever go away ?   Teacher friend was given Covid from a coworker end of school year hug.  She has been vac and boostered.   She has fever sore throat still has appetite.   

Jo  about the wrinkles -  I’m fair skinned so sun is not my friend.  I don’t own a swimsuit.  I look great in clothes.   I’m liking the shape wear garments (keeps loose skin out off my sight )

Belle I don’t get lonely - like being alone.  Jazzper has brought many friends into my life.    My afternoon dog park  visits are more for me than Jazzper. I visit with all the other old farts .  

Ombud -  I struggle food shopping thinking I could buy a treat and make it last for a week.  I’m like a zombie with sweets —  getting up for just another little bite  until it’s gone or I throw it out.  When I throw out tempting food I first soak it in water so there is no chance of recovery.

Scamp (big hairy dog) was wonderful.  No problems.  Of course he preferred Jazzpers food and Jazzper ate his.  

Summer heat and humidity  are here for the next 4 months.  I don’t mind the heat.

• Thanks 1

Hello All

Ombu I had ice cream too--It was a Holiday. Calories don't count on Holidays--Right?

Yeah right, wish they didn't!

Izena Think covid is here to stay in many forms even when you're protected.

I'm not lonely per se, meant to say I miss my husband more at certain times

(Miss always) It's been 7 years; you get used to it but never forget the love and the good times.

I was an only child use to being alone and like it most times. It just last few years hard to

get together with friends like I use to. That covid again has really changed people's lives.

Glad you had an easy time with the dog. Funny about eating each other's food.

Everyone take care.