Joy Dining Embarkation /Disembarkation

MrPhil101

Hi

Quick question,

We are scheduled to get on pretty late in the process 12:30 -1pm, What are our option for lunch ?  Since it looks like the MDR will be closing at that time and  I want to avoid the buffet.   Is the local the only option, will that be pretty crowded?

Getting off, I know there is a mad rush, is there time for breakfast (MDR?)  What time do the "kick you off"

@MrPhil101 - belated welcome for joining CC.  It's Fleet Week in NYC, expect traffic to be a little heavier near MCT tomorrow (as I see you will be embarking)  Are you on the (click) Roll Call & signed up for the M&G, they are a nice group and you should find it informative & getting to mingle.

MDR (Savor & Taste) Deck 6 AFT should remain open for sit-down lunch until 1:30 pm, as long as you get in & seated, enjoy the pampering.  Staterooms are typically ready after 1 pm - you should be boarding the gangway on Deck 7.  The Local is the later option and wasn't crowded, for simplicity & convenience - plenty of tables (ask for regular top, not a high top unless you don't mind seating on those tall chair) with continuous service thru the afternoon & into evening.  Either will help avoid the buffet & taking the elevators up to Deck 16.  

If you are only taking lighter carry-on luggage to embark, checking the rest - I recommend reporting to your muster station, before going to your stateroom, getting your guest key cards swiped by the crew is a mandatory requirement in lieu of the full scale emergency/evac drills at the assigned assembly stations.  

Disembarkation morning, we always eat in MDR since we are close to home and never in a rush - open until 8 to 8:30 am (Savor was open, Taste closed - many crew members reassigned to work luggage & other turnaround duties)  Basically, everyone is asked to vacate the stateroom and if not eager to leave, can remain in most public area throughout the ship, except near atrium / guest services or near gangways - should be off no later than 9:45 to 10 am as they need to reach zero count, allowing the next embarkation to begin early boarding.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrPhil101 said:

Thank you soooo much, you answered everything - But I am going to ask 1 more question.  Is it an issue go eat first or should i do the muster station as soon as I board?

Eat first, but muster during the designated window. 

• Like 1

@MrPhil101 Based on your planned boarding time, I would say relax & eat first - especially if your muster station is on the far side (1/2 of them AFT and 1/2 FWD, depending on your deck (and balcony's) location - all are located Deck-6-7-8 (if you look at one of the letter that I uploaded earlier in the "Semi-Live" Joy to Bermuda mini / long series 😁😁 )   Figure out your shortest route between boarding the ship, dining preference (MDR or The Local) and where your assigned muster station is ... and carry-on items in tow ...  

Take the essentials (include Rx/OTC meds, digital gadets, CPAP & 1 set of clothes) with you, check the rest (luggage) with the porter - it's not fun pushing & pulling 75 lbs+ up the Z gangway (sometimes, pretty steep with rising tide)   Wiping the key cards took 15 seconds or less, quick & easy but not if you have to make a 10 minutes walk to get there & then a big U-turn to reverse route for lunch when it's already 1:15 pm.  If you don't report & swipe your card before 3 pm (or 4 pm) sailaway - you risk holding up ship's sailing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPhil101 said:

Hi

Quick question,

We are scheduled to get on pretty late in the process 12:30 -1pm, What are our option for lunch ?  Since it looks like the MDR will be closing at that time and  I want to avoid the buffet.   Is the local the only option, will that be pretty crowded?

Getting off, I know there is a mad rush, is there time for breakfast (MDR?)  What time do the "kick you off"

Embarkation Day (example from the Encore last month). Although everyone self-musters now, service is suspended during the formal muster drill read over the PA system ship-wide. 

image.thumb.png.a5ec350cf8aba5964f5b2318efc10294.png

Disembarkation Day (example from the Encore last month). All ashore is usually no later than 10 am,,, they start embarking the next cruise at 11:00.

image.thumb.png.56f2e782ef002ff26bc66e19d9e50afa.png

• Like 1