Noordam Aft cabins - SC or SB??

jbiz

Hi all,

I am looking at booking 2 cabins for the Noordam and I am having a hard time getting any straight answers from TA's or HAL about size and layout.

one of the rooms will have a crib (or pack-and-play) and 2 adults.

ideally, I would have preferred a seperate bedroom so I can "close-off" the area for the crib so our 14-month-old could sleep, but there is no real option for this on the Noordam (without the Penthouse).. so I am stuck trying to figure out what the best room solutions would be for trying to keep the crib as closed-off as possible.

Are the corner SB and SC rooms on deck 6 & 7 better/worse for something like this?..

Thanks.

You can try this site:

cruisedeckplans.com

They show the cabins so you can get an Idea of what you need:)

Yeah, I am quite familiar with the deck plans, but I spoke with HAL about the rooms, they [sB's & SC's]vary from 311 sq. ft. to 390 sq. ft.... and they dont really have any more info then that for the Noordam yet.

I keep hearing mixed info that the verandah's are larger on the aft corners, but they rooms may be a "bit" smaller.. so if I put a crib in them..

would be nice if the dressing room was able to be curtained off too, could put the pack-and-play there for the night.. otherwise I guess there isnt going to be much TV watching after baby goes to sleep..

Yeah, I am quite familiar with the deck plans, but I spoke with HAL about the rooms, they [sB's & SC's]vary from 311 sq. ft. to 390 sq. ft.... and they dont really have any more info then that for the Noordam yet.

I keep hearing mixed info that the verandah's are larger on the aft corners, but they rooms may be a "bit" smaller.. so if I put a crib in them..

would be nice if the dressing room was able to be curtained off too, could put the pack-and-play there for the night.. otherwise I guess there isnt going to be much TV watching after baby goes to sleep..

I will give you my opinions based on only one cruise in an aft cabin - Zuiderdam 4180. I don't think the dressing room is a good idea only because if someone need to go to the bathroom in the night you will have to move the crib - I do think it will be fit. I think the best option would be in the alcove by the entrance door. There would be no curtain, but you might be able to rig a blanket to make it darker. As I recall there are hooks where the robes are placed just oposite of the dressing room.

There are only a few people that know what the aft will be like on the Noordam and they are still on board.

I have done non-aft several times and the aft cabins are a bit smaller in size than the normal SA, SB and SC. Still very nice and the balcony are great!!!

Hope this helps.

Joni

I will give you my opinions based on only one cruise in an aft cabin - Zuiderdam 4180. I don't think the dressing room is a good idea only because if someone need to go to the bathroom in the night you will have to move the crib - I do think it will be fit. I think the best option would be in the alcove by the entrance door. There would be no curtain, but you might be able to rig a blanket to make it darker. As I recall there are hooks where the robes are placed just oposite of the dressing room.

The alcove looks something like this.

| bath | |

| & dressing | crib |

| | ____|

|______________| |

| |

____| S|

| | B E D O|

| | F|

| | A|

| | |

| | |

| |___________________|

| |

| Balcony |

|_______________________|

There are only a few people that know what the aft will be like on the Noordam and they are still on board.

I have done non-aft several times and the aft cabins are a bit smaller in size than the normal SA, SB and SC. Still very nice and the balcony are great!!!

Hope this helps.

Joni

I was thinking of the alcove too a 2nd option to the dressing room, and as crazy as it may sound, bringing one of those expandable shower curtain rods and a cloth curtain to use as a divider to block off the area.. just was not sure if either were really wide enough..

The alcove looks something like this.

| bath | |

| & dressing | crib |

| | ____|

|______________| |

| |

____| S|

| | B E D O|

| | F|

| | A|

| | |

| | |

| |___________________|

| |

| Balcony |

|_______________________|

This looked so great when I drew it abut after I posted it most the spaces got deleted. Sorry I tried....

I am booked in 4180 on the westerdam 4/2, would you please tell me about the cabin and the veranda, also if you had any pictures Id LOVE IT, thank you so much for any info you can give me!

Capn

Joe, First I have to tell you we loved it. The room is slightly smaller (I think it's less wide) than the same ones on the sides of the ship.

We loved the huge balcony and spent a lot of time out there. Breakfast, coctails, reading, etc. There were two wicker chairs plus a round patio table and 4 chairs.

The balcony on this deck is not as wide as those above you but it's still huge.

The only negative thing we found was a bit more vibration at night we sailing and I guess cruising at a faster speed. We got quite used to it in those very comfy beds.

It is also quite a hike if you have to get to the front of the ship, but more walking means burning of calories. :)

I have to tell you a few times we got mixed up when getting off the elevator - especially when using the glass ones. We would be talking and not paying attention to which way we were walking and ended up at the front of the ship instead of at our cabins. We would laugh and chaulk it up to again more walking=burning calories.

I'm sorry we didn't take any pictures of the room.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Joni

PS. Before we left I had heard about trash blowing down from the decks above. It was not a problem at all. A few times we would see a straw or a lime wedge. The room steward always cleaned out there. What I did see though a few times was a small amount of soot from the smoke stakes. I would usually just put a towel down on the wicker chair before sitting especially if wearing white pants.

Joni thank you so much for taking the time to write! We are looking forward to that large balcony spending many hours out there:D ,but my wife loves the sun....there is no lounger out there?

As for walking the wrong way, i use to do that all the time...many calories burned lol...... so i learned a little tip, I look outside to see which way the water is going, since ive done this I seem to always go the right way, unless of course its late and Ive spent some time in the ocean bar, then it seems to take me quite a while to figure out where the heck I am *S*

Again thank you for your time.

Joe

Archived