Question about "vacation protection"

I have CCL vacation protection only because husband used to take care of that and I have no clue, so just went the easiest way.  I just did 2 ghost bookings-they offer it for $154 for same OV and only $98 for inside with sr. citizen rate.  WHY the big difference?  TIA

The premium is probably based at least partially on the cost of the cruise unlike third-party insurance which also uses age in the calculation.

Look carefully at the three levels of coverage before you choose. Since your husband usually does this, you may not be aware of the differences.

1 hour ago, Babr said:

The premium is probably based at least partially on the cost of the cruise unlike third-party insurance which also uses age in the calculation.

Look carefully at the three levels of coverage before you choose. Since your husband usually does this, you may not be aware of the differences.

I’m not aware that there are three levels of coverage on Carnival’s Vacation Protection.  Could you provide more information, hopefully a link?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’m not aware that there are three levels of coverage on Carnival’s Vacation Protection.  Could you provide more information, hopefully a link?  Thanks!

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/CCL_Landing.html

Sorry. I had it mixed up with Norwegian Cruise Line. They offer an Essential Plan with no pre-departure benefits - meaning cancellation, which is an important detail.

You are correct that there seems to be just one choice for Carnival. I added the link just in case anyone wants to check the details.