Bus Transfers to Whittier

GoBlueGuy

We are cruising next week from Whittier and have purchased Princess buss transfers from Anchorage.  We will be flying in the day before, and staying at an airport hotel.  The hotel offers free shuttle to and from the airport.

My question is what are the pros and cons of boarding the transfer bus at the airport vs. the Egan Convention Center, other than having to Uber to convention center or taking a free shuttle to the airport?

Any difference in departure times?  When are the first departures from the airport usually?  We also would like to avoid crowds as much as possible.

Thanks for any advice!

Boarding begins when the train arrives at about 12:05. The checkin peeps don’t even get there until about 11:45. The buses start arriving then, too. I’d say there shouldn’t be any difference between departing from the airport of Egan Center, and in your situation, I’d highly recommend the airport due to your free shuttle. The only caveat is that you need to be prepared to get to the airport probably by 9:00 in the morning because you will be first come first serve in line with all the people who flew early in the morning. There is a Starbucks right there, so you can at least get breakfast while you wait. I’d guess the first bus will leave around 10:15 or 10:30. 

Edited by cruisequeen4ever