Flora - guarantee cabin - yea or nay?

Shiba_Lover

I booked a sky suite veranda guarantee cabin on the Flora.  I actually prefer the veranda instead of infinite veranda, but could not find a sailing with the proper veranda available.  But they did have guarantee option available.  I know guarantee does not mean you WILL wind up in that room - but given this is the cheapest room on that ship - I figured why not try.  I don't think there are "bad" rooms on this ship?  I've never done a guarantee cabin - but I know that sometimes you wind up with obstructed view, less desirable location, etc.  Given the small number of rooms on the ship anyway - there's not much option anyhow.  Anyone with experience on this ship know if there are just some awful cabins in this category and I should really avoid doing this?  I have the refundable option, so can move to a different sail date, or just go ahead and book the infinite veranda to avoid getting a horrible room location if that may be an issue.  Thanks!

• 1 year later...

We just booked this morning for a March 2024 sailing and did the same.  Looking at pictures of the ship it doesn't seem like any cabins would be bad.  

Hopefully other will post so we can see!

I was on the Flora this past August. There are no obstructed cabins. I had a real balcony and loved it. Cabin laid out well and was like the sky suite on the Edge. I saw an IV cabin. It was the same size and layout but with the large window. 
as long as you are OK with an infinite veranda cabin, you will not be disappointed. The ship and crew are outstanding! You will have an amazing adventure 🐢 

Thanks for responding.  I sailed in an IV cabin on the Apex in March and it will work for this trip.  

Always prefer a balcony but I am just happen to be sailing the Galapagos!!!!

We’ve not done the Flora, however had the trip of our lives on the Expedition.  Whatever cabin you end up in truly will not matter. This cruise is all about the excursions, which will be spectacular! We spent very little time in the cabin…we were just so busy! Enjoy every moment and report back, please. 

• Like 2

I wound up in an IV and am going in October.  I got the room for about 3800 less than I would have if I had not done guarantee, so I think it was worth it.  

Edited by Shiba_Lover

On 6/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, sunpsyche said:

We’ve not done the Flora, however had the trip of our lives on the Expedition.  Whatever cabin you end up in truly will not matter. This cruise is all about the excursions, which will be spectacular! We spent very little time in the cabin…we were just so busy! Enjoy every moment and report back, please. 

I agree. we did Galapagos in Jan.22  on the Expedition and we chose a Oceanview cabin, something i would not do on the bigger ships. one spends so much time outside a little cool room was very nice.

• Like 1