Live from Oasis 05.29.22

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

sadiwest was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Well, it's been quite a ride....3 weeks from booking to sailing,  after canceling a long-standing DCL trip due to covid. 

I must say I am very glad we ended up on Oasis.   What an amazing ship and experience.  Our 12yo dd literally tried everything from the zip line, to Flowrider, to the Ultimate Abyss,  to every single water slide and ice skating.    For the first time, we let her do her own thing on her own schedule,  and I'd venture a guess this was her favorite vacation thus far. Until now, her only RCCL experience was Anthem; she loved the bumper cars. But Oasis pulled out in front.

Dh and I aren't fancy eaters. We stuck to main dining except one night, when we were back from Kennedy Space Center too late for our standing 5:30.  Our waitstaff Joy and Norvil were outstanding.   Above and beyond.  Always knew what we liked (cheese rolls for dd, diet coke for us, two water glasses for dd) and were attentive in advance of our requests.  In addition,  Norvil made us several origami animals,  birds, and a rose.    Our cabin staff were also amazing....dd does love having pictures of her towel animals.   

Our only complaint was that the Freestyle machines were out of almost all low/no calorie drinks for the entire week.  Being in logistics,  i get the supply chain issues, but I don't believe it's right to charge full price if what you're trying to drink is not available.   Dh mentioned it to a few folks at guest services, but it's not as though we were demanding money back. We tried to compensate for lack of Freestyle options by drinking mostly bottled water and (for me) the occasional frozen virgin drinks.  

We have had a fantastic time and tried to be partially involved amd partially chilled out.  Definitely suggest seeing the Aqua 80 show, Frozen in Time was well done (dh didn't want to go but said it was much better than he expected), and Phoenix (a cover band we saw in the Music Hall. We're scheduled to see Cats tonight but tbd if we go.  

I only wish we weren't getting iff the ship tomorrow.  😪😪😪

• Like 6

Glad you had a great time. What was the passenger count!?

We were on Oasis early on May and loved Phoenix— just wish the eye had a better venue than the Music Hall. Aqua80 is the best !!!

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Glad you had a great time. What was the passenger count!?

We were on Oasis early on May and loved Phoenix— just wish the eye had a better venue than the Music Hall. Aqua80 is the best !!!

mac_tlc

We were told 5,900+ but were also told 5,700 and someone else who posted was told 5,100.  Same feel as every other cruise we've gone on...crowded near pools, buffet, etc.  It never felt like too much. 

Glad you enjoyed it, we sail on her mid October from NJ for 7 nights taking our eldest daughter and eldest granddaughter (6) who have never been on a cruise before. This is our first time on Oasis and are so looking forward to it and having the girls experience a cruise. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear it was an awesome experience! I take it service and staff were up to par and fully staffed up? 

How were the line ups for the Windjammer?

Going to be on her for the August 5th sailing and can't wait!

31 minutes ago, JasonC said:

Glad to hear it was an awesome experience! I take it service and staff were up to par and fully staffed up? 

How were the line ups for the Windjammer?

Going to be on her for the August 5th sailing and can't wait!

We never waited on a line for anything (unless we were first, like for ice skating sign ups). There were lines, but we planned around them with a set seating, and a few off time visits to Windjammer.   We always found a table, though sometimes it was at the total aft position.