Princess Cay Bungalows

sabaka11

Has anyone rented a bungalow lately? If so can you give review and tips? Wondering if they still offer a picnic or gourmet lunch delivered to bungalow and if so what are the costs and what does it consist of?

We rented a bungalow in the adult area, which is just past the "normal" area, in March.  I would not do it again.  It was far from the beach, and was very rocky in front of the bungalow.  A lady in the Bungalow next to us fell on the rocks trying to make it to the beach.  It was a pretty good walk to get food.  There was a bar close by though.  I do not remember what we paid, but I did not think it was worth it.  It was very pretty though.

I rented a regular bungalow at Princess Cays Dec 2021. At first I had booked a Sanctuary (adult only) bungalow but after reading reviews about how rocky it was I cancelled it and booked the regular bungalow.  My friend and I had an absolutely wonderful day and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I paid $219.99 for the bungalow (the Sanctuary bungalow was $269.99).

Food:  There was a fruit platter, chips and salsa, soda and water in our bungalow.  We walked to the buffet pavilion and brought our plates back to the bungalow to eat in the air conditioning.  They do not deliver lunch to you. FYI...since we arrived on the first tender the snacks were delivered shortly after we arrived.

Amenities: We had our own snorkel gear but it would have been provided if we needed it, water floating mats, air conditioning, chaise lounges on your little porch, outdoor shower.

Tips: The very first thing you should do when you arrive on the ship is go to the shore excursion desk to select which bungalow you want.  You will also give them your shoe size for snorkel flippers and select which sodas you want.

You are given the opportunity to take the first tender off the ship which we did. We also were on the last tender to leave the island and return to the ship.  Both of these tenders also had many crew members and supply carts.  I would imagine if you are not on the first or last tender this would not be the case.

We did have some trouble with our next door neighbors who were playing their profanity laced music quite loudly.  I did notify the excursion leader and she got the island security involved. Carnival crew were very hesitant to intervene directly.  I mention this to let you know that you can't control who your neighbors might be and the bungalows are close to each other.  Even though this was an unfortunate part of our day it in no way overshadowed what a great day we had.

I have limited snorkeling experience but my friend has snorkeled quite extensively all over the Caribbean.  The variety and quantity of fish we encountered snorkeling from the small inlet area in front of the bungalows was amazing. My friend ranked it top 5 of her experience.

Even though we only were a party of 2, I think this rental was worth it and I would definitely book it again.

We had a regular bungalow on Princess Cay and really enjoyed the day. Service was very good. We ordered food to be delivered and it costs extra. Would not do the food order as it was expensive and they brought food from the buffet and it was cold. 

I forgot to mention we were on a Princess cruise and our drink package worked on the island. Carnival charges for drinks, drink package not included on the island, which is wrong as they take the booze off the ship you paid for and charge you for it.