Luggage Forwarding

BenMurphy

Hi all

We are sailing Barcelona/Istanbul/Jerusalem(we've not decided where we will disembark yet) on board Nautica in August.

We will be flying to/from U.K

Has anyone had experience with luggage forwarding companies ?

Both to/from cruises?

Any caveats?

Thanks

Josie

We used one that was advertised in the brochure/book that Oceania sends a few weeks before the cruise.  The pick-up at our home was on time and efficient.  Our bags were in our room when we boarded the ship.  The problem came when we disembarked.  No one seemed to know where those bags were to go in the terminal; as no one appeared to be responsible for them.  After more than an hour, and a missed transport to our hotel, it was sorted out.  They arrived at home on schedule.

That said, it's a great convenience and we plan to use a luggage forwarding service for our upcoming cruises.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sny said:

We used one that was advertised in the brochure/book that Oceania sends a few weeks before the cruise.  The pick-up at our home was on time and efficient.  Our bags were in our room when we boarded the ship.  The problem came when we disembarked.  No one seemed to know where those bags were to go in the terminal; as no one appeared to be responsible for them.  After more than an hour, and a missed transport to our hotel, it was sorted out.  They arrived at home on schedule.

That said, it's a great convenience and we plan to use a luggage forwarding service for our upcoming cruises.

Thank You. I shall wait for the blue book !

15 hours ago, BenMurphy said:

Hi all

We are sailing Barcelona/Istanbul/Jerusalem(we've not decided where we will disembark yet) on board Nautica in August.

We will be flying to/from U.K

Has anyone had experience with luggage forwarding companies ?

Both to/from cruises?

Any caveats?

Thanks

Josie

I have used Luggage Free several times.  I had good service each time. Pleasant to work with. 

5 hours ago, TravelLoverbySea said:

I have used Luggage Free several times.  I had good service each time. Pleasant to work with. 

Thanks!  I have found a blue book and I shall contact Luggage Free

We used Luggage Free on an Alaska trip that we were booked on a Pre Cruise tour so we sent our bags ahead and took a carry on size bag to Denali. It all worked great and our bags were in our room on board when we arrived, very convenient but it does come at a cost.  The international fees seem higher but that is in the eyes of the beholder.we only used the service one way as we flew home with our bags. 

Some have mentioned a bit of a disconnect when transferring bags at disembarkation.  I seem to recall people had to pick up their bags in the terminal through the normal process and then once outside the terminal there was a truck and people there to accept your bags and deliver them to your destination. 

it is a very nice service so Enjoy 

Ciao, Mauibabes

• Thanks 1