NYC 10pm sail time, when can I board?

kdvolfan

I am on the Miracle out of NYC on 6/7. The sailing time is 10pm. Officially, Carnival says that I can begin boarding at 7 pm. This seems very late. I feel like I'm getting cheated out of a day. Will I not get a nice dinner or a show that night? Also, do you think I will be able to board sooner than 7:00? It's kind of a weird situation. The Miracle docks in Baltimore on the morning of 6/6. Then we leave out of NYC on 6/7. What is she doing in between? Will she be in NYC early that day and open to boarding? Thanks for your help. I just want to be on the ship as early as possible so I can get the most out of my trip.

We are also booked on that sailing. My docs said boarding begins @ 7:00 p.m. However, I suppose if the ship is ready they may let you board a bit earlier. Last year we boarded the Pride about a half hour before scheduled time as we had checked in early at the Queen Mary. But who knows icon_rolleyes.gif As for dinner I'm not sure, I guess we will have buffet that night, thats okay with me, I will be on deck watching the wonderful view of New York at night as we sail away icon_biggrin.gif

MIRACLE JUNE 7TH !!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;7;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500LTC

PRIDE...MEXICAN RIVIERA!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;9;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hi everyone, we are also on the miracle 6/7 cruise. I am going to be calling carnival starting on friday right through to monday morning to see if we can board early, we have a 19 month old baby with us who is going to haveto eat at a reasonable hour. let me know what any of you find out. this is our 9th cruise. if you look in the back of there booklets, you will find boarding times at various ports, nyc is 1:30. I'm ready ro party no matter what time we board!!!!! icon_smile.gif

WE are also on this sailing.... we will have our almost 4 yr old with us.... so I do hope we can board earlier than 7pm. We fly into NYC

the day of 6/7 around noon or so... and have bought the Carnival "transfer" from the airport to the pier.... sure hope we are not "sitting" on the pier all afternoon!

Please do share ANY info you find out and thank you!

HOpe to see you on board!

Hi Linda Joy,

The boarding for the Victory that does this cruise every week is 1:30, but for some reason they have the Miracle boarding @ 7:00 and departing at 10:00 pm, which does seem very late. I do wonder what the reason is, usually they try to get everyone on board as soon as possible so we can start using those sail and sign cards icon_biggrin.gif No matter what time it is we will be ready icon_cool.gif We will be flying into New York the day before and staying at a hotel. The day of the cruise we have all day to hang out. Hopefully the hotel will let us leave our luggage there until we head to the ship icon_confused.gif If you find out any info can you post it? I will do the same icon_wink.gif

MIRACLE JUNE 7TH !!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;7;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500LTC

PRIDE...MEXICAN RIVIERA!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;9;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, haven't found out anything yet. I will start calling next friday right through till monday. We're getting down there between 3-5. I know that's early, but we have a 20 month old with us.

on regular documents with ships that leave at 5- boarding time is set for 2pm. They allow people to start boarding 2 hours before that at noon.

If your documents say 7 I would think its safe to assume you can start boarding about 5.

I really dont think Carnival employees will tell you that you can get to the pier early. They will tell you what is exactly on your documents.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We are also going on the Miracle to Canada June 7th. Has anyone found out any info regarding what time we can board?? When I called a few weeks ago, Carnival rep said 7pm. I can't understand why it is so late. I expected that we would be able to spend the afternoon relaxing on the ship. Please let me know any additional info. Thanks - counting the days!!!!

Majesty of the Seas 1/01

Because of your post, I decided to check my Miracle cuise out of Baltimore as well. We are also leaving at 10PM! We were not informed of this at the time of booking. I guess I assumed it would be leaving 4-5pm as all of my other cruises did. This is so unfair to us in these area because we are losing 1/2 day actually. On my cruise out of San Juan that I am taking in 2 weeks, we also leave at 10PM, but we can board between 12 noon-12:30. We will be allowed to get off and on anytime we please. It is being treated like a "port." At least we have the option of either getting off and touring, or staying on and enjoying the ship. This is not right that we can't do the same here icon_frown.gif We are from this area, so we do not want to hang around Baltimore all day. At least in New York, there are many places to go. But like the poster with small baby, this can prove to be very tiring.

When prayers go up~Blessings come down

Miracle Sept 5,2004 7 day

Destiny June 13,2004 7 day

Disney Magic Sept 6,2003 7 day

Spirit Nov.2002 Panama 8 day

Paradise Oct 2002 10 day

Paradise Feb.2000 7 day

We are flying in from Atlanta, arriving at Newark at 1:00ish. I figure we will be out to the pier by 3:00. So we will probably have to sit for a couple of hours. It would be hard to do much in the city due to having to drag luggage around. And no one will let you store luggage. So we will be sitting at the pier. I do feel like we are being cheated out of an afternoon. Oh well. Maybe we will be the first ones on. icon_smile.gif

Were you told of this late boarding when you booked the cruise, or did you find out later also. I just found this out after reading your post.

When prayers go up~Blessings come down

Miracle Sept 5,2004 7 day

Destiny June 13,2004 7 day

Disney Magic Sept 6,2003 7 day

Spirit Nov.2002 Panama 8 day

Paradise Oct 2002 10 day

Paradise Feb.2000 7 day

I knew when I booked. It showed a departure time of 10pm on orbitz.com. This is the cruise we wanted (new ship, cooler climate) so it wasn't a deal breaker. I guess I just hoped we would be able to get on early in the afternnon which is why I booked us getting there at 1pm.

Archived