Royal 35% Internet Discount Pre-Cruise - Really???

Is it possible to buy single days of internet access while on board, or does it have to be done for the entire duration?

Right now, with the Labor Day sale, I'm finding $16.99/day for VOOM Surf, or $20.99/day for Surf + Stream. 

I really have no need of internet access for 7 days. I know it's more expensive on-board, but if I waited until on-board, could I just buy it for the days I needed it? Like Day 3 and Day 5, for example? And don't have it on the other days?

4 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Is it possible to buy single days of internet access while on board, or does it have to be done for the entire duration?

Right now, with the Labor Day sale, I'm finding $16.99/day for VOOM Surf, or $20.99/day for Surf + Stream. 

I really have no need of internet access for 7 days. I know it's more expensive on-board, but if I waited until on-board, could I just buy it for the days I needed it? Like Day 3 and Day 5, for example? And don't have it on the other days?

The on board day pass rates are very expensive.  Two to three times the rate for buying a full voyage package based on the daily rates for a full voyage package.  

On board the full voyage packages are pro-rated so they drop in price based on how many days are left in the voyage. 

The on board day passes are fixed price and do not drop in price.  

Using day passes purchased on board for 3 days or more will likely come close to the price of a pre-paid Voom plan purchased in advance for the entire trip.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

The on board day pass rates are very expensive.  Two to three times the rate for buying a full voyage package based on the daily rates for a full voyage package.  

On board the full voyage packages are pro-rated so they drop in price based on how many days are left in the voyage. 

The on board day passes are fixed price and do not drop in price.  

Using day passes purchased on board for 3 days or more will likely come close to the price of a pre-paid Voom plan purchased in advance for the entire trip.  

Thank you, that's good to know!

I assumed the daily price would be higher than prebooking a full package, but didn't realize that it would likely end up costing the same (and just get less days of access) if I booked daily passes for a few days than if I'd just prebooked the entire week.

Heading off to book now.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

That's the thing, while the package daily prices have gone up (and pre cruise planner discounts have usually been meager) the price for 24 hours of Surf typically has not.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

That's the thing, while the package daily prices have gone up (and pre cruise planner discounts have usually been meager) the price for 24 hours of Surf typically has not.

They are waiting until Starlink arrives to push the day passes over the $50 mark.