Just booked two cruises this week

misfit72ford

Hello everyone! I've been away from these boards for awhile now however booked two cruises out of Charleston on the Sunshine this week.  One a girls trip in February and the other one is for our 25th anniversary in early 2024. I'm really excited and have been reading here too catch up.  The girls trip will be 6 of us and we have side by side balcony cabins. Four of our group have never cruised  before. Are there any non covid changes I need to know and pass along? Thanks! 

Your question about what is new has been asked and answered many times lately on here and a few times in the last couple weeks and why you haven't gotten any responses. I would read through the forum and/or search function.. 

• Like 1

Cruises are far enough away that things can change between now and then. The four new cruisers will enjoy a totally new experience so, I wouldn't bombard them with information or dampen their expectations.

I've been aboard Horizon 12/26 and Vista 3/26; have 10 days on Valor 7/25. I enjoyed both although there have been some minor changes since then. Ships started sailing fuller after having reduced capacity since the Covid restart. Some changes may be temporary due to shortage of available crew, or possibly cost cutting. 

24 hour pizza now closed 3:00-8:00am. Tea Time temporarily suspended. MDR dinner portions seem a little smaller and sides reduced; can still order extra although they prefer you order everything on initial order. Carnival Hub app is used now for variety of reasons. Menus are in Hub app, can preview menu ahead of time to pre-plan Specialty dining options. Hub app used to check-in for some dining and table usually ready in minutes. Hub app also nice with FunTimes at hand listing daily schedule of  all activities. Best change post-Covid is the new Muster drill, just a brief 5 minute safety demonstration after embarkation, no more mass congregation.

• Thanks 1