Onward Verandah stateroom video raises alarms

audobon_tx

On 6/16/2022 at 2:07 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

A tip. If you ask at a bar they should be able to find you a bucket and ice to chill it. Or ring room service and they'll bring you one. Always works for me. A bottle of wine will definitely noe fit in the Onward fridge. How cold it is for a truly chilled bottle of sparkling I'm not sure. 

Phil 

Interesting.  Fridge on our recent Oceana and Regent cruises easily chilled wine.  Dissappointing.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:10 AM, tgg said:

The video is easy to find. It shows clearly that all the short hanging space is gone. My tee shirts and blouses usually get hung in that space as well as my husband's shirts - when the fridge is in the corner cabinet. We don't want those things folded. 

When a ship is being refurbished, doesn't anyone who actually sails on these ships walk through a mockup of the design and notice things like this?

I'm glad that our January Onward cruise is only 12 nights.  

Refurbish window is way too late to be evaluating design!  

On 6/15/2022 at 7:27 AM, uktog said:

Wish we could use that programme but so long as there is the risk of getting a suite with a bath tub its a no no - such a shame.  We have been using verandahs more recently to stretch the budget further and have found we get along just fine with them (or we were until this stupid Onward layout which poses a risk for a future cruise).  We have found we reallocate part of the budget to buying specialities some nights (could never do them every night) and we are fine - 2 cruises in a suite = 3.5 in a verandah on that model (and 4-5 in an ocean view which we have also done on a last minute and had a great time).  On my next cruise Im actually going to document how long I spend on the balcony, it might surprise me its cost per hours use!

we find we are rarely on the balcony.  However, we did spend some time on it through the Suez Canal.  With the new intensive ports there’s even less time to be out on it!